• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EC Fanatic Appreciation Weird Thread of Terror

346 posts in this topic

Two of my favorites...

weirdscience9.jpg

weirdscience16.jpg

Isn`t Weird Science 16 the comic book that inspired the Topps trading card

Mars Attack series?

oh btw those are some great comic books :cloud9:

ComicConnoisseur,

You are correct. Topps requested original sketches from Wally Wood. Bob Powell penciled the cards and pulp artist Norm Saunders did the final paintings.

Here is my 1962 Mars Attacks wrapper. I remember buying the cards from the local grocery store in my youth.

MarsAttacksWrapper.jpg

Two of my favorites...

weirdscience9.jpg

weirdscience16.jpg

Isn`t Weird Science 16 the comic book that inspired the Topps trading card

Mars Attack series?

oh btw those are some great comic books :cloud9:

ComicConnoisseur,

You are correct. Topps requested original sketches from Wally Wood. Bob Powell penciled the cards and pulp artist Norm Saunders did the final paintings.

Here is my 1962 Mars Attacks wrapper. I remember buying the cards from the local grocery store in my youth.

MarsAttacksWrapper.jpg

There is a recent book on the Mars Attacks set that makes interesting reading: Amazon listing

Russ Cochran E.C. cover prints.All of these are a great 9 and a half by 13.

IMG_0621.jpg

Very cool. I've seen some of these but I have never seen the envelopes they came in. (thumbs u

At the risk of duplicating some of the awesome books posted here, I'll share some of my own favorites...

CLa_ws33_zps58fa861a.jpg

When I see great covers from Mr Wood w all the high tech gadgetry details, I can't help but think they helped inspire Kirby on his FF material.

Original mailer envelope that contained an Aces High #3 (still does).

envelope1.jpg

Now THAT is something one does not see every day.

Is this a subscription copy, and therefore EC mailed them flat or is there some other reason for the mailer?

Before zip codes.

Very, very cool piece of EC History.

First three Crypt of Terror issues before the title change. I have a full run, if I have time I'll scan them all.

cryptofterror017.jpg

That's a beautiful copy.