• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EC Fanatic Appreciation Weird Thread of Terror

346 posts in this topic

This is my program from the EC 50th Anniversary at SDCC 2000. There was an individual page for every attending EC guest. This copy is signed by Al Feldstein, Al Williamson, Angelo Torres, Will Elder, Marie Severin (with a little self-portrait sketch), Annie Gaines, Adele Kurtzman, and Jack Kamen.

sd2000e.jpg

:golfclap:

Love the ToT 1. What books are in the interior?

I am guessing since I saw that ToT in an old heritage auction w same case#, that Ameri has not read the contents to date.

I know not all ToT are the same, but I found a description of an old ad for a different copy:

Vault of Horror #13 (#2) July 1950

Crypt of Terror #19 September 1950

Weird Science #13 (#2) July 1950

Tales from the Crypt #20 (#1) November 1950

I am guessing since I saw that ToT in an old heritage auction w same case#, that Ameri has not read the contents to date.

I know not all ToT are the same, but I found a description of an old ad for a different copy:

The copy I sold to Steve Geppi in 2005 had three # 1s and a # 2.

Vault 12

Crypt of Terror 17

WS 13

TFTC 20

What other EC comics were reprinted in Australia?

A few, but like all publishing here in those days very haphazard/chaotic.

Did this full series reprint EC?

Nope

Are there others titles?

I have one. This reprints a couple of stories from Two Fisted Tales #31 and TFT #37. Black and White and heavily censored.

Campaign738x1042.jpg

Here's a curiosity - an Australian reprint of Two Fisted Tales #35, but with the cover redrawn (badly) by a local artist.

TFT_08.jpg

I wonder if there were copyright reasons for redrawing the cover? Because, as you note, the new drawing is very weak compared with the original.

Has anyone done analysis on Date Stamps for ECs??? I was able to find a copy of WS#12 (1) w stamp of 4-1-50 vs WF #13 (1) 3-22-50. If there was more evidence or known testimony from Gaines, we might conclude that WF beat WS to the press and is technically the first "sci-fi" EC. The other titles that are neck and neck; War Against Crime #10 vs Crime Patrol #15 and Vault #12 vs Crypt #17. Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate covers w date stamps for those issues.

Has anyone done analysis on Date Stamps for ECs??? I was able to find a copy of WS#12 (1) w stamp of 4-1-50 vs WF #13 (1) 3-22-50. If there was more evidence or known testimony from Gaines, we might conclude that WF beat WS to the press and is technically the first "sci-fi" EC. The other titles that are neck and neck; War Against Crime #10 vs Crime Patrol #15 and Vault #12 vs Crypt #17. Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate covers w date stamps for those issues.

Has anybody asked Al Feldstein?

Vault 12

Crypt of Terror 17

WS 13

TFTC 20

My copy has

WS 14

CoT 18

WF 13

HoF 17

Vault 12

Crypt of Terror 17

WS 13

TFTC 20

My copy has

WS 14

CoT 18

WF 13

HoF 17

Great books. Back in the day I heard that there was a copy with four # 1s...