• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EC Fanatic Appreciation Weird Thread of Terror

346 posts in this topic

Thanks. I just added a few more to my original post.

[font:Times New Roman]Stunning books![/font] (worship)

[font:Times New Roman]Can I play???[/font] :shy:

[font:Times New Roman]This is my first

Ec_logo.jpg

acquisition in many years...[/font] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :insane:

RAD819B02013226_16614.jpg

Congrats, I was the bidder you beat out at the end in the Clink auction and I'm bummed !! Great pick up!

Hey vaultkeeper, I think I'm finally catching the horror bug to go along with my Sci / Fantasy flu ...

Anyone here bidding on the Heritage lot "EC and other Golden Age Foreign Editions Group (1950s).... (Total: 14 Comic Books)" in this week's auction? I'm interested in the Australian ones but not at the current price.

Guessing the Canadian editions are attracting the big $? Shoot me a PM if that's the case.

Anyone here bidding on the Heritage lot "EC and other Golden Age Foreign Editions Group (1950s).... (Total: 14 Comic Books)" in this week's auction? I'm interested in the Australian ones but not at the current price.

Guessing the Canadian editions are attracting the big $? Shoot me a PM if that's the case.

I'm not bidding, but I think they are all extremely hard to find. I will be paying attention to the results.

DG

Last year I was thrilled to score a Gaines File copy of this book, and I just recently picked up a first edition of WALLY WOOD'S EC STORIES, ARTIST'S EDITION, also with this drawing on the cover. EC's science fiction never seems to get old, and Wally Wood's artwork never seems to become dated!

Last year I was thrilled to score a Gaines File copy of this book, and I just recently picked up a first edition of WALLY WOOD'S EC STORIES, ARTIST'S EDITION, also with this drawing on the cover. EC's science fiction never seems to get old, and Wally Wood's artwork never seems to become dated!

Yeah I agree, the SF titles are cream of the crop!

btw :headbang: Nice book AJD (I am a long ways behind you in finishing my run)

[font:Times New Roman]I've just posted these scans in the pre-code thread,

but this is another great spot to share images of my latest acquisition... :cloud9: [/font]

2e3832e7-5523-462c-a28e-8fd8530db2d6_zps0628eb59.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]Complete with the Gaines collection certificate, which adds the perfect finishing touch![/font] :insane:

6fd34575-24c0-4565-9910-9386c9f64edb_zps11927dbd.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :banana:

Anyone checked out the 50 Girls 50 collection of Al Williamson's EC work? It's pretty killer! I tend to focus on Johnny Craig when I'm in EC mode, and never really gave Williamson any consideration...but he's quite rad!

50-girls-50-and-other-stories.jpg

I have not seen 50 Girls in person, but it sounds like an affordable way to enjoy Williamson art. I was able to meet him many years ago @ Dallas Fantasy fair and even get a sig on a copy of WS #19, but alas, I sold it... : (

Here is a great splash from WSF #28. I could stare at these panels for hours. I love all the detail packed into this particular panel.

8625210960_03808e09c0_q.jpg

WSF #28 Close up by foxtrot70, on Flickr