• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread

271 posts in this topic

Does anyone read these threads and do these errors ever get fixed?

Wrong ID.... gossip.gif

Why? Did I get booted and Gemma is late is disabling my account?

I'm always the last to know.

There's no way some of these scores reflect market value. My 9.6 X-Men 201 is valued at 120 in the registry when I paid $19.95 for it on eBay last week. And it is somehow valued almost twice as high as my 9.9 X-Men 194.

But other than odd quirks like that, long live the registry.

As more sets get up and running, this is the place to request that scores be evaluated. You may have slight disagreements with scores, but some of those slight disagreements just boil down to a judgement call. What we're looking for here are clearly incorrect scoring examples.

Thanks,

Arch

thumbsup2.gif

Heck, I'd settle for the capability to actually enter in my CGC books into my registry set... shy.gif For the record the scoring seems realistic for my sets...

• Administrator
As more sets get up and running, this is the place to request that scores be evaluated. You may have slight disagreements with scores, but some of those slight disagreements just boil down to a judgement call. What we're looking for here are clearly incorrect scoring examples.

Thanks,

Arch

thumbsup2.gif

Heck, I'd settle for the capability to actually enter in my CGC books into my registry set... shy.gif For the record the scoring seems realistic for my sets...

Are you having a problem entering them, or your set just isn't supported yet?

Thanks,

Arch

thumbsup2.gif

Are you having a problem entering them, or your set just isn't supported yet?

Same as what I asked in another thread---the book has been graded for 4+ months-- and the "slot" hasn't been opened up. I've got about 6+ books to add whenever the process that makes this happen can allow for me to enter them. flowerred.gif If this is an easy and automated process I suggest that this occurs immediately following a census update.

Can you help me out, oh master architect of CGC? hail.gif

Greetings!

I just was able to add my Vintage Magnus 3 and 4 to my Valiant pre-unity registry set, and they came up with a "0" score. Now, I realize these 9.6s are not earth shattering additions, but you don't want to hurt Russ Manning's feelings with a goose-egg! :-)

The 9.9 and 10.0 scores for X-Men 113 through 200 are way low, particularly for the 9.9 copies of 113, 135, 136 and 143. It looks like you are using a multiplier of 1.5 of the 9.8 point value for issues before 175 and I would suggest that a multiplier of 3-4 would be more accurate.

You have the 9.9s from 175-up at just 10 points more than the 9.8s and the 10s just 30 points above those. The 9.9s should be 150 points and the 10s should be 450 or more.

Hey Arch, can you fix the duplication of Giant Size Man-Thing issues in the Man-Thing set and would it be possible to add the issues for Fear with Man-thing into that set... thumbsup2.gif

HOM #250 looks REALLY REALLY wrong (too many points).

Phantom Stranger #22 (a book in my set) has only half the points of surrounding books for a 9.6--this looks like an error.

BTW, I think that the early HOM books don't have enough points...300 for a HOM 174 in 9.4? 120 points for HOM 190 in 9.4? A lot of these early Adams/Wrightson covers are very light on points.

Please look into these and PM me. Thanks

Hi,

Human Fly, which was just added needs to be looked at IMO. You guys have the #1 issue in 9.8 valued at only 65 points. You have #9 and #19 at 65 points which I think is about right, but the #1 should be higher. You then have #6, #8, #11-13, and #16 valued at only 35 points in 9.8, they should run at 65 like you have the #9 and #19.

I don't know how all the other issues score out yet, but I think they should score out just like the Eternals set which has common issues set at 65 points.

Also Moon Knight #1 should be worth more than 40 points in 9.8.

Thanks

HOM #250 looks REALLY REALLY wrong (too many points).

Phantom Stranger #22 (a book in my set) has only half the points of surrounding books for a 9.6--this looks like an error.

BTW, I think that the early HOM books don't have enough points...300 for a HOM 174 in 9.4? 120 points for HOM 190 in 9.4? A lot of these early Adams/Wrightson covers are very light on points.

Please look into these and PM me. Thanks

sleeping.gif

Why are the point for 'Marvel 68 Series Starter's' completely different to the rest of the registry????

Ok, and my next question...

When will Pedigree copies be recognised, and receive some points bump like the SS books?

I just added my Inhumans #1 9.8 and it came up 0 points... confused.gif

sounds about right.... confused-smiley-013.gifpoke2.gif

Actually, contact Gemma. She'll fix it.

Actually I remember some discussion on how to enhance the points structure. I echo Mr. Pym's comments that I would like to know what, if anything, will be done to recognize paper quality, pedigree, or some other quantitative measurement.

Thanks!

Actually I remember some discussion on how to enhance the points structure. I echo Mr. Pym's comments that I would like to know what, if anything, will be done to recognize paper quality, pedigree, or some other quantitative measurement.

Thanks!

And just to remphasise that...please can we have word on intention, if any towards additional points matrix's within the registry?

p.s both me and Sterling are being jipped on All Star Western (1970), you've kindly added the run but there seems to be some kind of glitch happening. p.s Serling there is a story on 'Pow wow Smith in issue 9...and thats the smith I'm refering to in my brief for this run flowerred.gifpoke2.gif

Arch,

Your scores for mint 9.9 and 10.0 books are way low. For instance, in the X-Men 94-143 run the difference between 9.8 and 9.9 is minimal whereas in the few instances the few existing 9.9 books have actually been sold, they have sold at 5x 9.8 prices or more.

There is a similar discrepancy in the X-Men 144-201 run. A recent sale of X-Men 167 in 10.0 was $1600 or roughly 32x 9.8 while the registry gives it 150 points or less than 2x 9.8.

Give some love to the mints. Especially the pre-1990 mints.