• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread

271 posts in this topic

I'd like to see the Marvel Team-up values increased. The last 70-80 in the series are only 25 points in 9.8. That's the same as modern off-the-shelf drek. I think 1970-1980 drek should be worth more!

Gemma,

Could you please fix the Uncanny X-Men Variant set 301 - 450 (and in turn the 1-450 variant set)

A #307 gold edition needs adding and #360 has only 3 slots 'Regular, Holofoil and DF'

Also the #381 has only 4 slots 'Regular, Variant, Chrome & DF'

thanks Phil

Could you explain to me why a Creepy #10 9.6 is worth 300 pts, and a Creepy #11 9.6 SS is only worth 303 pts. Not to mention there are no higher than 9.6 under Creepy #11 and there are 9.8s under Creepy #10.

Sorry, just trying to understand why a SS is only worth 3 pts more. hm

Thanks

I know that the Grimm Fairy Tales set is pretty new but I think the variant issues and the earlier issues(1-10) should at the least have slightly higher scores.

Would it also be possible to get a score change for New Mutants #98 (1st appearance of Deadpool).

• Administrator

Since you have several sets with a slot for Uncanny X-Men 288, they are "merged" on the screen you are linking and showing the certification # that is used in most of these slots as well as the image you uploaded. I am setting your double cover as the default for all the 288 slots so the certification number will match the image you uploaded. This is the only way to make this happen as it is considered the same slot by our system.

Since you have several sets with a slot for Uncanny X-Men 288, they are "merged" on the screen you are linking and showing the certification # that is used in most of these slots as well as the image you uploaded. I am setting your double cover as the default for all the 288 slots so the certification number will match the image you uploaded. This is the only way to make this happen as it is considered the same slot by our system.

Ahhh...Thanks...that explanation makes sense.

The score for a Green Lantern #79 needs fixing. Right now you are giving a #79 9.6 550 points. That is the same amount of points as a #85 in 8.6. Here's the problem... there are 3 #85's in 9.8, 25 #85's in 9.6 and 37 #65's in 9.4.

The #79 however has no 9.8's , 1- 9.6, and only 4- 9.4's. That makes it harder to get in high grades than a #76.

#79 is the hardest book in the Green Lantern Neal Adams set to get in high grades period. The scores should reflect that.

Please fix the values for Ultimate Spider-Man #2. It does not have a value for Signature Series books. Additionally, many of the #1 variants are missing including:

Thermos Lunch Kit Edition

Orlando Theme Park Edition

Got Chocolate Milk Edition

Buster Brown Shoes Edition

Payless Shoes Edition

KB Toys Edition

Burger King Edition

Game Boy Advance Edition

Mad Engine Edition

Target Blue Edition (Reprints Issues 14 And 15)

Wizard Ace Edition

It's hard to tell, but looking at the census, it does appear most if not all variants have graded books.

Thanks!

I just added the Avengers 1-503 set. It contains the exact same books as my Avengers 1-250 set, but my total score is different. I did a comparison, and for some reason, some books have different scores in each set.

Example:

Avengers #48 in 9.4 universal grade:

Avengers 1-250 set: 125 points

Avengers 1-503 set: 210 points

Others with the same problem: all of the Avengers Annuals and the Giant-Size Avengers.

Was this done on purpose? If so, why? If not, can someone please fix it?

Thanks!

Andrew

----------------

EDIT:

Here are some other score comparisons of the Avengers Annuals and the Giant-Size Avengers.

TITLE Set 1-250 Set 1-503

Annual 2 78 50

Annual 6 70 75

Annual 10 220 250

GS 1 175 280

GS 2 85 75

In a couple cases, the score is LOWER in the 1-503 set, but for the most part the 1-503 set has higher scores.

Very odd.

Watchmen scores seriously need to be looked at. I think the best comparisons that can be made are with the scores of the Batman: Year One and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns sets. Each comic in the Batman sets have scores of over 100 for 9.8s while the Watchmen issues are set at 60 for #1 and 40 for the rest. It's safe to say that all of the Watchmen issues in 9.6 and 9.8 fetch higher prices than their Year One counterparts (for at least a year and a half now) and I'd say half of the issues out perform the four DKRs consistently (Watchmen #1 typically sells for double of what DKR #1 sells for). I collect all three sets and have detailed records on sales over the past two years and I'd say the scores for Watchmen need to be tripled at the very least. Thanks.

• Administrator

I can't see the details of the book you are linking to, since the Comic ID is not valid, but it is likely that the book was mis-labeled (with others) and we changed them all in our system. If you fully remove the book from your registry (delete it from your set and inventory) and then re-add it in as new it should work, if it does not, please let me know!

BTW - I will be looking at the Watchmen scores soon.....