• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread

271 posts in this topic

There are no DC 100 pagers that are considered "keys". Yes?

So point value is based on what? Scarcity?

Batman 238 CGC 9.4 recently sold for over $2,000.00 (Ebay). Registry points? 420.

Adventure 416 CGC 9.6 recently sold for $286.00 (Comiclink - king of record prices no less) Registry points? 680.

I am so confused....

• Administrator
Not sure how to explain this, so I took a screenshot.

The book's number and the number indicated are different.

2q3xlw9.jpg

29qo5tk.jpg

The book certification displayed is the primary one that you have assigned to that slot. So when you click your slot in the set you see the details for that book. You seem to have assigned the image to the wrong book in this case. If you go to your comic list and click on the cert # for the double cover the details for that book are displayed.

How about Uncanny X-Men 297 Gold Edition? My CGC 9.6 (only and top) graded copy of this book scores only 20 points. This book is ultra-rare (rarer than the Wolverine 145 Nabisco), and when it shows up for sale once in a blue moon goes for high $200+ in raw VF condition.

I think it's time to tweak some of Sandman (1989) scores, Gemma.

The #19 Error Edition in CGC 9.8 scores a majestic 200 points now - more than any other issue apart from #1. But the #19 is very, very easy to find - it only goes for about $30-40 on ebay, and there are 90 CGC 9.8 copies in the census (more than any other Sandman issue).

The Sandman #50 Platinum Edition on the other hand - impossible to find in uber-HG because of the all black cover, and yet it only scores 80 points (versus 50 for the #50 regular edition).

So ... how about switching those two around? 80 points for the #19 Error, and 200 points for the #50 Platinum Variant?

Nice, how did you manage to snag one of those (worship) Would love to see a pic

I submitted it myself. I hunted down every X-Men variant, but 297 gold was always my "Unicorn". I knew one day I would find one, and I finally found it just over a year ago.

I really wonder what the print run on it was because out of all of the Pressman mail away variants this one is really hard to find.

I've only seen 2 up on Ebay the past 2 years and they were both in F or boderline VF condition.

57289-297gold.jpg.725d33e55c95a06db6ce82d9c7382b54.jpg

Thats freakin sweet (worship) (worship) Extremely difficult book to get, especially in decent shape, nevermind HG :o

Yeah, it deserves higher points, couple of hundred at least in my opinion. If the Nabisco Wolverine gets 320 for a 9.8 so should this at least since it's rarer.

Sets need fixing. Some include SCORE, but don't know where else to post.

FIrst

There are two different 1963 Kite Fun Books, but only one 1963 spot in Registry. Rocky & Bullwinkle was © 1963, prepared in late 1962 for 1962/1963 School Year. Top Cat was © 1963, prepared at the end of 1963 for 1963/1964 School Year. They are mixed up in Census as well as Registry. Here are two of the three certified:

1963KFB.jpg

Same thing in 1984. I think Smokey was prepared for 1983/4 School Year and Road Runner for 1984/5 School Year.

1984KFB.jpg

AND

My 1975 Kite Fun book (0149311002 ) Gets Zero Points

AND

Please delete 1997 & 1998 from Kite Fun Book registry. Western Kite Fun Books only with through 1986. There is a seperate series, Southern California Edison KITE SAFETY BOOKs which run from 1986-1999. I have 11 different, but haven't got around to sending them in yet. The 1997/1998 are part of that series, not the Kite Fun Book series.

Thank You Mucho

The scores for the World War Hulk set need to be fixed. The average book in most modern sets has a score of 25 but these have a score of 24. The books that would usually have a score of 35 have a score of 32. I would really appreciate it if this could be fixed.

Thanks!

• Administrator
Sets need fixing. Some include SCORE, but don't know where else to post.

FIrst

There are two different 1963 Kite Fun Books, but only one 1963 spot in Registry. Rocky & Bullwinkle was © 1963, prepared in late 1962 for 1962/1963 School Year. Top Cat was © 1963, prepared at the end of 1963 for 1963/1964 School Year. They are mixed up in Census as well as Registry. Here are two of the three certified:

1963KFB.jpg

Same thing in 1984. I think Smokey was prepared for 1983/4 School Year and Road Runner for 1984/5 School Year.

1984KFB.jpg

AND

My 1975 Kite Fun book (0149311002 ) Gets Zero Points

AND

Please delete 1997 & 1998 from Kite Fun Book registry. Western Kite Fun Books only with through 1986. There is a seperate series, Southern California Edison KITE SAFETY BOOKs which run from 1986-1999. I have 11 different, but haven't got around to sending them in yet. The 1997/1998 are part of that series, not the Kite Fun Book series.

Thank You Mucho

I removed the two slots you requested and scored your 1975 Kite Fun Book.

As for any books that are incorrect in the Census, you would need to call and speak with a grader about having those changed. If they agree (and you may have to send the books in for verification) then I can correct the set as necessary. :)

I am still amazed that in the Astonishing X-Men run a limited edition 9.8, which isn't really all that limited, out scores a 9.9.

Insert weeping graemlin . . .

I am still amazed that in the Astonishing X-Men run a limited edition 9.8, which isn't really all that limited, out scores a 9.9.

Insert eat me, buckeye turd graemlin . . .

Insert eat me, buckeye turd graemlin . . .

Insert me yawning at your impotent rages graemlin . . .

• Administrator

Would you rather that they all be scored the same? Limited and non-limited? I usually give a slight premium to the variants, but I see that this may not be applicable in this set....LMK

All I am saying is that a 9.9 should score higher than a 9.8. For example, my 9.9 Signature Series regular edition #10 scores 33 points and my 9.8 limited edition #10 scores 40 points. I can see where the the limited 9.8 would score higher than a regular 9.8, but it shouldn't score higher than a 9.9.

Just my 2c .

Thank you for all the Registry work. :foryou:

Would you rather that they all be scored the same? Limited and non-limited? I usually give a slight premium to the variants, but I see that this may not be applicable in this set....LMK

Personally, regardless of the set, I think the limited variants 9.8 should score higher than a regular 9.8 due to the lower print run and their value.

• Administrator

I adjusted the scores so the Limited Series is still scored higher 9.8 vs 9.8 but now the 9.8 is equal to the 9.9 of the regular....and the SS is worth more (of course).

I basically used the same logic/formulas that I have been using for other recent sets I created, so I hope this will work for all involved.