• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread

271 posts in this topic

Rarity means very little when it comes to registry points. Case in point CGC 9.9's and 10's. And I'm talking 20-40 year old 9.9's. No ones changing a thing as of late due to rarity it's like beating a dead dog asking for it. Key issues garner all the value and rare ones nothing. I hope this changes sometime in the future as well as you but I don't have my fingers crossed.

I personally think they should abolish this thread, as it is clear to me no one is reading and/or fixing and/or addressing the questions to the collectors presented here. sumo.gif

Is there a lead time of 365 days to respond to our requests? confused-smiley-013.gif

HOM #250 looks REALLY REALLY wrong (too many points).

Phantom Stranger #22 (a book in my set) has only half the points of surrounding books for a 9.6--this looks like an error.

BTW, I think that the early HOM books don't have enough points...300 for a HOM 174 in 9.4? 120 points for HOM 190 in 9.4? A lot of these early Adams/Wrightson covers are very light on points.

Please look into these and PM me. Thanks

Ok, we are approaching a year. Any updates? confused-smiley-013.gif

HOM #250 looks REALLY REALLY wrong (too many points).

Phantom Stranger #22 (a book in my set) has only half the points of surrounding books for a 9.6--this looks like an error.

BTW, I think that the early HOM books don't have enough points...300 for a HOM 174 in 9.4? 120 points for HOM 190 in 9.4? A lot of these early Adams/Wrightson covers are very light on points.

Please look into these and PM me. Thanks

Ok, we are approaching a year. Any updates? confused-smiley-013.gif

HAHHAHAHA

I hole heartedly agree.

ABOLISH THIS THREAD AS THERE IS OBVIOUSLY NOTHING BEING DONE BY ANY OF THE REQUESTS WE HAVE MADE.

The points mean absolutely nothing if they're not going to be occasionally updated to reflect the market. How can awards be given out based on figures that have next-to-zero credibility (for the record, I have comics that both carry too many points and not enough)?

How about once a year right after the awards? :foryou:

I don't use the registry much except for admiring the sets of others and occasional research but after reading through this thread, I am still left wondering about the point values. I understand that tweaking them would be a major undertaking. I am curious if the program you used to implement scores included the census and the ability to autoupdate as the census changes.

But there are so many 9.8's ...just try comparing to say Sandman #1 by Gaiman.

Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 limited to what a few thousand copies 44 points

Marvel Zombies #1 CGC 9.8 tons and tons of copies 144 points.

Iceman #1 10.0 = 60 points? :screwy:

A 23 year old 10.0 #1 book and it's worth less points than many of my BA non-#1 issues. Not to mention that the two times I've seen it sell, it has sold for north of $200 each time.

Are the points supposed to somewhat represent $$$ figures? Just curious how these are figured.