• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

this company makes PGX look classy

88 posts in this topic

At least they didn't just laminate the thing...

I'm thinking of starting a grading company that encases each comic in a dome of hard acrylic, and possibly with a scorpion on top. Totally shatter proof and also for good measure, Shatner proof.

I wouldn't want William Shatner to get to my comics either. (thumbs u

There were a few other companies that came out 10-12 years ago right after cgc. I sort of knew one of the guys running one of them. He was trying to do an honest job with the whole thing, but yes, he was basically doing it out of his house. He gave up after a while, but there were definitely a few of his slabs floating around ebay for a while. 3PG or something like that.

Regardless of the quality of the packaging, etc., this represents competition to CGC. There is nothing wrong with that. Bring it on. Ultimately the market decides who is the better service provider, but it does help keep CGC pricing in line.

Yes it does! But I forgot to take a picture of that side :eek:

I contemplated doing this as a novelty when I sold some raw books here, but I have no way of completely securing the comic book inside so it doesn't jostle loose. I'm working on that...

Regardless of the quality of the packaging, etc., this represents competition to CGC. There is nothing wrong with that. Bring it on. Ultimately the market decides who is the better service provider, but it does help keep CGC pricing in line.

not really. pretty much the only people who will use this service are people who would never want to spend the money on cgc anyway.

with that said, and i do appreciate cgc providing us with these fora, but the service is prohibitively expensive for most books below a $70-$90 FMV. and maybe those shouldn't get a slab at all, but given the FMV difference between an "overstreet grading guide" NM and a cgc 9.8 and the # of people who care, it does add liquidity to encase books like that,

decided to get this... thing out of curiosity. was worth the price for a reading copy and a laugh. the "slab" is that annoying plastic that electronics come encased in to prevent theft. and it offers maybe as much protection as a bag and board... maybe. if PGX is run out of a basement, this "company" must be run out of a half-bathroom?

INXfLKP.jpg

I tried driving to their address one day and checking out the location, but I wasn't taken to the same area with my GPS that Google maps had showed me online. They were close, but I'm thinking I entered the address wrong into my GPS. Next time I try to find the address, I'll take Google's driving directions with me also.

DG

Just how many grading companies are out there?

drcgradingcompany001.jpg

I want me some of that company. :banana:

Your in. :acclaim: I just need to figure out how to get this enscapulation machine working correctly. It would still be a better alternative than PGX.

Just how many grading companies are out there?

drcgradingcompany001.jpg

I want me some of that company. :banana:

Your in. :acclaim: I just need to figure out how to get this enscapulation machine working correctly. It would still be a better alternative than PGX.

No chest or dog hairs in your slabs,right on! :headbang: