• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

then they need to start realizing that people have a problem with minis...cause it's kind of a catch 22, people won't buy a mini cause they want to wait for the trade, but if they don't buy the floppy there may not be a trade.

Edited by krighton

Personally...

As a fan.

I read mini's by the trade.

I thought you were being a sarcastic *SPOON* with me a few pages back?

Unless your being sarcastic now? hm

I'm all confused! (shrug)

then they need to start realizing that people have a problem with minis...cause it's kind of a catch 22, people won't buy a mini cause they want to wait for the trade, but if they don't buy the floppy there may not be a trade.

then they need to start realizing that people have a problem with minis...

I have NO problems with mini's..

They just tell me it's a finite tale.

I wait for the trade

like I said, no floppy sales, no trade.....

Like "I" said...

My choice as a fan.

Sorry but the hoarders & skinflints on the CGC board hardly represent the norm of what's going on in the market.

Mini's sell just fine.

They appreciate at a much lower rate.

Some fans prefer them actually.

he mentioned legacy numbering in this thread....so 1-5, 6-10, etc......This whole stigma about Minis has got to stop.

That's the term I was looking for.."legacy numbering". Can you imagine if more publishers went to legacy numbering? It could help sales of mini-series, even though it doesn't seem this book needs much help!!

For the Jersey boys:

http://www.newworldmanga.com/

Five Ghosts Creator Signing Thursday 3/21: 'five ghosts' series creators Frank Barbiere and Chris Mooneyham. (YES, THAT'S TODAY PEOPLE)

5:00pm – 8:00pm EST.

No ECCCs, but there's OA and a ton of raws as well as I believe 'the other variant'. Non CGC signing, but a great opportunity to get a higher grade of the raw considering many apparently had some printer defect. I am under the impression that the places with the signings got minty fresh copies.

Website above has address and contact info. It's not my store, but it's ONE of the LCS around me.

Start your engines...

like I said, no floppy sales, no trade.....

Like "I" said...

My choice as a fan.

Sorry but the hoarders & skinflints on the CGC board hardly represent the norm of what's going on in the market.

Mini's sell just fine.

They appreciate at a much lower rate.

Some fans prefer them actually.

skinflint [ˈskɪnˌflɪnt]

n

a mean, stingy person; miser;

A skinflint was one who would break a piece of flint down to its thinnest layer or "skin" in order to save money buying new flint.

Frank and Chris were great!!! Very nice guys and they obviously love what they do. Was able to rap with them both for awhile.....learned a bunch of insane spoilers for the series....

And as far as a continuing of the mini.....that's apparently the plan if the readership is there.

Since the first print sold out in 1 day, it's hopefully a big thumbs up in that direction.

BTW: Very killer OA was available.....apparently Cujobyte and Krighton both beat me to the pages I was foaming at the mouth for...but I got my share of panels as well.....and they're uber cool!!!!!!

Frank and Chris were great!!! Very nice guys and they obviously love what they do. Was able to rap with them both for awhile.....learned a bunch of insane spoilers for the series....

And as far as a continuing of the mini.....that's apparently the plan if the readership is there.

Since the first print sold out in 1 day, it's hopefully a big thumbs up in that direction.

BTW: Very killer OA was available.....apparently Cujobyte and Krighton both beat me to the pages I was foaming at the mouth for...but I got my share of panels as well.....and they're uber cool!!!!!!

And you got the pages, I was foaming at the mouth for. lol

I'm still happy with the two pages I bought, especially with the last page of the issue.

Frank and Chris were very cool. Its good to see that the series is doing well. Frank was telling me about the legacy numbering and it sounds like a great idea. It can allow the title to grow.

Yep, sorry lemon.....but I did leave some meat on the bone....and you grabbed a page that I was within a second of purchasing as well....

That teaser with the spider-god-folk dragging Fabian off is person_without_enough_empathyin!!!

Glad you showed up.....in spite of the fact alot of the books appear to have those same printer defects, we were both able to pick through the stacks and get the best of the best. :) I grabbed a buncha variants and regulars.....with a little press they should be better than good.

Of course someone had snatched the panel I really was after: Fabian possessed and levitating off the ground with no dialogue.

Someone else had already grabbed the double page spread with Fabian going medieval on spider heads sword style. Oh well....

I was joking with Chris that Krighton and Cujobyte are the Newman to my Jerry Seinfeld regarding OA....LMAO!

Gonna have to throw some shots up of the OA haul later.

Good to meet you as well bro....always good to see boardies...and very glad you were able to take advantage of the late notice. I know both Chris and Frank appreciate the interest in what they consider their humble material. And not for nothing, you got that OA at a helluva price....I shoulda tried to chizzel off a few $....didn't occur to me until I had done the deed.

Cujobyte got all the really good ones, I got the dregs....I really wanted the Archer page. Although at this stage virtually any page from the 1st issue is probably a coupe.

I keep ordering OA and I have nothing to show for it :lol:...my pieces are all in a holding pattern.

Edited by krighton

Yep, sorry lemon.....but I did leave some meat on the bone....and you grabbed a page that I was within a second of purchasing as well....

That teaser with the spider-god-folk dragging Fabian off is person_without_enough_empathyin!!!

Glad you showed up.....in spite of the fact alot of the books appear to have those same printer defects, we were both able to pick through the stacks and get the best of the best. :) I grabbed a buncha variants and regulars.....with a little press they should be better than good.

Of course someone had snatched the panel I really was after: Fabian possessed and levitating off the ground with no dialogue.

Someone else had already grabbed the double page spread with Fabian going medieval on spider heads sword style. Oh well....

I was joking with Chris that Krighton and Cujobyte are the Newman to my Jerry Seinfeld regarding OA....LMAO!

Gonna have to throw some shots up of the OA haul later.

Good to meet you as well bro....always good to see boardies...and very glad you were able to take advantage of the late notice. I know both Chris and Frank appreciate the interest in what they consider their humble material. And not for nothing, you got that OA at a helluva price....I shoulda tried to chizzel off a few $....didn't occur to me until I had done the deed.

I appreciate the heads up. I wouldn't have gotten anything if not for you. I think I had 2-3 pressable 9.8s today, but I had all my books signed.

I don't know much about original art at all, but I knew enough to buy art from a first issue. I also knew enough to try and haggle alittle.

Here are pictures of my haul from today's signing.

Frank and Chris were telling me about the 2 page spread they sold (for an extremely reasonable price), and how there were 3-4 people who passed on that due to price. Who would be crazy enough to pass on that?

IMG_0923_zpse6afe1bf.jpg

IMG_0924_zpsdf736caa.jpg

IMG_0925_zps3a29056f.jpg

This is going to be the cover for the second print.

IMG_0926_zpsb7e1d21a.jpg

Edited by lemonman5