• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February 2013 ComicLink "Featured" Auction

202 posts in this topic

Finally. I have wanted this book in this grade for as long as I can remember.

I am a big John Ford fan. "The Searchers" is one of my all time favorite films.....for so many different reasons. The final shot alone makes it one of the greatest films of all time in my opinion. Don't get me started on how much I love Monument Valley.

With that said, I know that the book went for a very high amount, but if I had let this one get away, I would have always regretted it. You don't look as long as I have for a NM copy and hold out for the next one to come along.

TheSearchers_zpsbf19881c.jpg

It is always shweeeet when you finally get the book you've been hunting in the grade you desire. Nice job! (thumbs u

Great book and yes, a great film. Loved Jeffrey Hunter and a young--very young--Natalie wood in the movie as well. It's my favorite of all John Wayne movies.

Congrats on finally owning a copy!

SLR

Such a great Duke movie, one of his best.

Congratulations on an absolutely STUNNING copy!!

Always warms the heart when a funny book finds its perfect home!!!

That was one book I was indeed watching intently! I knew it had to have a hefty price tag to it. Imho, worth every penny though. Hope you are truly on cloud nine, cause like you noted, who knew when one would ever surface.

Congratulations on a very coveted book!

(Perhaps you too have been patiently waiting, for one of the two 9.4 Rio Bravo owners to put their copy on the block. Be nice to see a couple Sons of Katie Elder get slabbed in HG too)

Woke up a little while ago and found I won this book last night. It was at something like $208, I put in a bid at $250 and it made me the high bidder at $244. I didn't expect to win but couldn't bid higher due to some other auctions. So a big good surprise this morning that no one else bid and I won it.

RAD015BB2013118_17589_zpsd293eb9f.jpg

Woke up a little while ago and found I won this book last night. It was at something like $208, I put in a bid at $250 and it made me the high bidder at $244. I didn't expect to win but couldn't bid higher due to some other auctions. So a big good surprise this morning that no one else bid and I won it.

RAD015BB2013118_17589_zpsd293eb9f.jpg

Nice pickup! That's a great cover.

I also woke up to find I had won a book last night with (what I thought) was a pretty low bid. I didn't expect my bid to stick, but I'm elated to have a fantastic early '40's war cover and a Mile High 9.6 to boot!

WarHeroes9CGC96_zpsd97b1d9c.jpg

I would like to politely say banana029.gif to the boards.

this is my Birfday present to myself:

RADB57B62013129_13950.jpg

Thank you. Thank you very much. banana029.gif

ummmm, happy belated???

anyway I've always thought that this cover gave way to the venom design...

who knows...

I would like to politely say banana029.gif to the boards.

this is my Birfday present to myself:

RADB57B62013129_13950.jpg

Thank you. Thank you very much. banana029.gif

ummmm, happy belated???

anyway I've always thought that this cover gave way to the venom design...

who knows...

I'll be 52 in exactly two weeks. They don't time these auctions very well.

Please pardon my sig line as I am remodeling :blush:

RAD83DDF2013213_151056_zpsa0487350.jpg

Congrats on a true classic, and one of the very best books in the auction (thumbs u

Some good JIM deals to be had...

JIM 92 9.4 (only 6 in 9.4...4 in 9.6) $1777

JIM 105 9.4 $757

JIM 9.4 $1046 about market

JIM 116 9.4 $877

This was the White Mountain copy. :o

Stunning book and great pick-up for someone.

Anyone else surprised the TOS #39 9.4 "only" went for $90k ?

I'm seeing a lot of ultra high grade ones and top end rare books coming down in price. Other mid grade more affordable books to us average collectors are coming up or holding their price. I think the "investors" are either cashing out and taking their profits or the idea of a 9.4 possibly being a 9.0 just days before the heat press is turning people off. Not sure which.

Some good JIM deals to be had...

JIM 92 9.4 (only 6 in 9.4...4 in 9.6) $1777

JIM 105 9.4 $757

JIM 9.4 $1046 about market

JIM 116 9.4 $877

This was the White Mountain copy. :o

Stunning book and great pick-up for someone.

Anyone else surprised the TOS #39 9.4 "only" went for $90k ?