• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 28-30, 2014, Seatlle, WA.

322 posts in this topic

At the airport waiting for my red eye flight. Joy of joys.

Was a good show. Got to see some friends, ate a lot and looked at funny books for 3 days.

Have a safe flight Joey, was good to see ya and have a few beverages. (thumbs u

I had a great time, saw a lot of boardies, met a few new ones I hadn't met before. I did some shopping early, got some decent deals but yea, prices were all over the map. I can never remember which half of the floor is the "conv center" side vs the "TCCC" side, plus the "magical hidden room" that had some good artists.

I spent all 3 days working that floor but got a lot of signatures. Thanks to everyone who helped me out, it was much appreciated. People came out of the woodwork to volunteer at times, it was a pleasant surprise. The fact that I was able to buy all the exclusives at Sunday between 4-5 makes me wonder about their future value but we'll see what happens. :) I definitely ate well, but I will need a day or two to recover.. And a week to list everything. :)

Hope to see some of you at WonderCon in a few weeks!

A vendor from CA was displaying New Teen Titans #2 (Deathstroke) :slapfight: raw nm- copies for $225 to $250 range. Arrow tv hype !

Wanting GPA prices for raw books seems to be the norm now. NM 87's were all over the place. From $70.00 for NM+ copies all the way to $200.00.

It really is getting harder and harder to give some vendors your money.

At the airport waiting for my red eye flight. Joy of joys.

Was a good show. Got to see some friends, ate a lot and looked at funny books for 3 days.

Have a safe flight Joey, was good to see ya and have a few beverages. (thumbs u

Wish I had a few "beverages" before my flight. I had forgotten how many kids are on red eye flights. I had to listen to music to drown out the crying of babies to fall asleep. Arrived home around noon.

A vendor from CA was displaying New Teen Titans #2 (Deathstroke) :slapfight: raw nm- copies for $225 to $250 range. Arrow tv hype !

Wanting GPA prices for raw books seems to be the norm now. NM 87's were all over the place. From $70.00 for NM+ copies all the way to $200.00.

It really is getting harder and harder to give some vendors your money.

Probably the same dealers that say they had a slow show, and that "People just aren't buying"

It's like they think they are the only people who have an internet connection.

Good to meet some fellow boardies! Giving a shout out to a few who were very helpful and encouraging, Dmac, Joel Elad, Dre, and a huge shout out and thanks to Mike (Mr. Mylar) if it wasn't for him I don't think I could have done the cgc ss stuff! Thanks guys...see y'all next year!

My last night in Seattle, leaving in the morning and heading home. Had a great time at Ruth's Chris with highradart, joeypost, greggy, and innocuous. A lot of silly fun this weekend seeing friends, browsing books, and taking photos - and some video I thought was going to turn into a World Star Hip Hop moment. lol The Toast Report update forthcoming in GC as soon as I sleep for more than six hours.

Very busy weekend and I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tomorrow night.

I hope everyone got home safely and nezt's year show is March 27-29, 2015. Catch you all at SDCC this July.

All dealers complaining of slow or NO convention :cry: wireless internet access for running cr cards thru their iPhones or iPads.

I think they might also partially block cell signals in an effort to get people to buy into the Con Center wifi. I ponied up the $80 for a single day of access but I had to have it. Got tired of waiting for cell reception.

Off to lunch with my pal who's a top dog with the Seahawks and then home. Ah, home. :cloud9:

Team Adderall dealer?

All dealers complaining of slow or NO convention :cry: wireless internet access for running cr cards thru their iPhones or iPads.

I think they might also partially block cell signals in an effort to get people to buy into the Con Center wifi. I ponied up the $80 for a single day of access but I had to have it. Got tired of waiting for cell reception.

It's not the usual too many people in the area fit the cellphone system to support the usage?

At the Javits Centre in NY the cellphone system is virtually useless in the halls

My first big con done, and it was great. I'd agree book pricing was all over the place, but I wasn't shopping for books this time and did manage to pick up some art as well as getting a ton of SS books done thanks to help from dscott and crew. Wish I'd got to meet more boardies, but had a lot of fun just wandering around aimlessly, treating it like a learning experience. Think I can be a lot more efficient whenever next time is now that I've seen some of how the con experience works.

It's not the usual too many people in the area fit the cellphone system to support the usage?

At the Javits Centre in NY the cellphone system is virtually useless in the halls

It could be but there were also certain parts of the building that seemed to work flawlessly.

Whatever it was, it was turtle slow.

It could be but there were also certain parts of the building that seemed to work flawlessly.

Whatever it was, it was turtle slow.

I found that after 3-4 pm the connection went a lot smoother!

Even though I only had a day and a 1/3, this was one of the best cons I've been to in a long time. I plan to return next year.

It was great meeting up with everyone, even if just to say hi. I had fun at dinner. Rib-Eye medium rare mmmm

I picked up a few OA pages and a few comics, so all is good with the world.

Have a safe trip, Toast! You really worked the floor this time around. (thumbs u

Thanks, Jeff. I've been home for about thirty minutes or so. Tired, but had a nice drive home with no rain. Stopped in Portland to spend time with a good friend who just lost his oldest son. :sorry:

It is so good to be home after such a long week. Hope you;re trip home was fast and smooth, Jeff.

Even though I only had a day and a 1/3, this was one of the best cons I've been to in a long time. I plan to return next year.

It was great meeting up with everyone, even if just to say hi. I had fun at dinner. Rib-Eye medium rare mmmm

I picked up a few OA pages and a few comics, so all is good with the world.

You should have dessert with greggy and I. :baiting: