• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 28-30, 2014, Seatlle, WA.

322 posts in this topic

Here are some joints I would recommend:

Maekawa Bar (japanese food, grilled, ramen, small bites and for $20 can get you a bowl of ramen and 2 other small dishes. You will leave full)

Address: 601 S King St, Seattle, WA 98104

Maekawa Bar

Maneki (one of the best Japanese place in Seattle, there will be a long wait if you don't call ahead.)

Address: 304 6th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104

Maneki

Phnom Penh Noodle House (Best, probably only?, Cambodian food in Seattle)

Address: 660 S King St, Seattle, WA 98104

Phnom Penh

Green Leaf Vietnamese (One of the few cleanest and good Vietnamese restaurant in Seattle. Gordon Ramsey went here and loved it.)

Address: 418 8th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104

Green Leaf

Tsukushinbo (Another really good Japanese place, it's pretty small like what you find in Japan.)

Address: 515 S Main St, Seattle, WA 98104

Tsukushinbo

Mike's Noodle House (inexpensive noodles, one of the few Chinese noodle houses. Small but worth the price.)

Address: 418 Maynard Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104

Mike's Noodle House

Majority of what I listed are in the International/Chinatown district. You can take the bus there and you can trek there as well. Not really that far of a walk but most of us needs the exercise.

I had some quesadillas at the Moore Restaurant next to the Moore Theatre, last night before the concert. They were yummy.

I gave my extra quesadilla to a homeless guy.

I'm ready for a BBQ Beef Humbow today.

You want a BBQ Beef Humbow?

Go down to Pike Place Market and visit Mee Sum Bakery:

Mee Sum Bakery

Was on featured on the Food Network and my friend's parents own this place.

For those who have a car or are willing to travel, I would recommend these places:

Paseo (cheap eats, not bad food either.)

Address: 4225 Fremont Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103 Paseo

How to cook a Wolf (If you have more money to spend, don't mind a little palet and love to eat delicious food, this place is for you.)

Address: 2208 Queen Anne Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109 How to cook a wolf

Serious Pie (Another Tom Douglas owned place and within the downtown Seattle area)

Address: 316 Virginia St, Seattle, WA 98121 Serious Pie

Pies & Pints (One of my favor places)

Address: 1215 NE 65th St, Seattle, WA 98115

There are also plenty of places to eat in the South Lake Union area which isn't that far of a walk. Probably same as walking to the international district. The only good thing about the SLU area is not much homeless people or none at all.

And for those that are a giving person and don't mind giving money to the homeless, I would advise against it as Seattle (epecially downtown Seattle) has plenty of places where the homeless can go to get a hot meal, food bank, and shelters but most of them choose not too. So your cash donation will go into a needle in their arm, some powder into their noses and plenty of other mystical things they will spend your hard earned money on.

Also don't be fooled into giving people money for the greyhound or bus because they ain't riding the bus. They using it for other means besides bettering themselves. I know because I live in downtown Seattle and see these people daily.

Or if you want to try something exotic you can try Cream of Sumyoungguy. I heard it's Served in one of the local hotels. ....

lol

Hahaha lol. Sorry couldn't help it. But thanks for the info. Will definitely try some of these out.

I had some quesadillas at the Moore Restaurant next to the Moore Theatre, last night before the concert. They were yummy.

I gave my extra quesadilla to a homeless guy.

I'm ready for a BBQ Beef Humbow today.

You want a BBQ Beef Humbow?

Go down to Pike Place Market and visit Mee Sum Bakery:

Mee Sum Bakery

Was on featured on the Food Network and my friend's parents own this place.

That's where I always go!

We had a decent flight, and shared a cab and conversation with Joey to the hotel. Then hit up the show floor to pick up our exhibitor badges. Just finished getting all 400 books squared away and ready for tomorrow. Currently relaxing and waiting for my 2nd caws plane to arrive. Should be an interesting weekend.

Sometimes I'm clueless.

I planned my trip in the past few weeks knowing that my 2 older kids had spring break camps and couldn't attend the con. I planned to extend my business trip this week to include ECCC. So, my wife planned something for her and my youngest.

This morning, I opened the envelope from ECC and find 3 passes. I forgot I bought passes for my wife and youngest. doh! For some reason, she doesn't want to drive 3.5 hours from Portland today.

So, I have 1 extra adult 3-day pass and 1 child pass available. PM me with your cell phone.

I'll try to check back here later this morning to see if there are any takers. If there are multiple takers, I will give preference to an adult with a child.

Cost: whatever you want to pay, I accept beer as well.