• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 28-30, 2014, Seatlle, WA.

322 posts in this topic

Sometimes I'm clueless.

I planned my trip in the past few weeks knowing that my 2 older kids had spring break camps and couldn't attend the con. I planned to extend my business trip this week to include ECCC. So, my wife planned something for her and my youngest.

This morning, I opened the envelope from ECC and find 3 passes. I forgot I bought passes for my wife and youngest. doh! For some reason, she doesn't want to drive 3.5 hours from Portland today.

So, I have 1 extra adult 3-day pass and 1 child pass available. PM me with your cell phone.

I'll try to check back here later this morning to see if there are any takers. If there are multiple takers, I will give preference to an adult with a child.

Cost: whatever you want to pay, I accept beer as well.

when you get there, you could just go up to the line or find wanderers in the area to sell too. They might be sold out? YOu might get a premium.

Sometimes I'm clueless.

I planned my trip in the past few weeks knowing that my 2 older kids had spring break camps and couldn't attend the con. I planned to extend my business trip this week to include ECCC. So, my wife planned something for her and my youngest.

This morning, I opened the envelope from ECC and find 3 passes. I forgot I bought passes for my wife and youngest. doh! For some reason, she doesn't want to drive 3.5 hours from Portland today.

So, I have 1 extra adult 3-day pass and 1 child pass available. PM me with your cell phone.

I'll try to check back here later this morning to see if there are any takers. If there are multiple takers, I will give preference to an adult with a child.

Cost: whatever you want to pay, I accept beer as well.

Last year I sold four extra passes outside the show by just yelling "Passes for sale".

If you try, they will sell. (thumbs u

Don't know if it's on anyone's SS list but I just saw a FB post from Dennis Haskins that he would be at ECCC tomorrow signing autographs so there's your chance at a Saved by the bell "Mr. Belding" book! Just giving a heads up.

Tomorrow! @emeraldcitycon Come join me @lionforge and @RoarComics as I moderate a panel & sign autographs ‪#‎savedbythebell‬ ‪#‎PunkyBrewter‬

Had a late dinner on Thursday night at El Borracho. It's several blocks away at Pike's Market but I thought it was pretty durn good.

Local brew (think it was Dragonstooth), cod taco and shredded spicy rabbit taco. Don't think I've ever tried Bugs before but he was pretty tasty.

El Borracho Pike Place Market

1521 1st Ave (between Pike St & Pine St)

Seattle, WA 98101

Sun-Thurs 11am-10pm

Fri & Sat 11am-midnight

Very casual place and recommended.

Don't know if it's on anyone's SS list but I just saw a FB post from Dennis Haskins that he would be at ECCC tomorrow signing autographs so there's your chance at a Saved by the bell "Mr. Belding" book! Just giving a heads up.

Tomorrow! @emeraldcitycon Come join me @lionforge and @RoarComics as I moderate a panel & sign autographs ‪#‎savedbythebell‬ ‪#‎PunkyBrewter‬

more info on time and room info

The layout of the 2 main comicon rooms was just as confusing as last year especially when Emerald temporarily ran out of free comicon guide books from the at call windows on Friday about 11:30 a.m. The centerfold of the guide book had a large fold out map to navigate from the South hall (independent small press comix and creators) thru the cosplay picture taking hall to the North hall (vintage comics, mainstream and independent artists, inkers, writers, trade paperbacks, etc.)

Jamie Graham Crackers's booth was in a strange location area away from the main back issue dealer section.

Carbonaro had set up a Buying Only booth. Carbo was walking around with two (2) ToS # 39 Cgc 9.2 and 9.0. Not sure if he had just bought them. Carbo was also trying to negotiate a Todd McFarlane Amaz Spidey original (looked pedestrian to me) panel page with Capt America for about $3,500.

A few of Harley's FF's were UNDER-priced, as he forgot to reprice the hot Him/Warlock books. Both Harley and Bob Storms had a nice selection of late 60s and 70s comics at 20% off sticker price.

All dealers complaining of slow or NO convention :cry: wireless internet access for running cr cards thru their iPhones or iPads.

I had a great time at the show this year. Prices were all over the place on books but its to be expected with a con this big (sold out and looking for more room). I didn't think about it until now, but I don't recall seeing any of the major art dealers at the show this year. Lots of books, artists, and more cosplayers than I've ever seen at ECCC.

That went by soooo fast. Time flies when you're having fun!

Scott Snyder, Eric Larsen, Ed Brisson, G Wilson, De Connick, and Greg Rucka were my favorites - they were all super nice and entertaining. Peter David was a little grumpy but nice enough to write a quote on my X-Factor 71. Joe Reubenstein is great but seems to not enjoying himself at the con.

The people were all so polite and cos players were so much fun to watch.

Definitely coming back next year.

I had a great time at the show this year. Prices were all over the place on books but its to be expected with a con this big (sold out and looking for more room). I didn't think about it until now, but I don't recall seeing any of the major art dealers at the show this year. Lots of books, artists, and more cosplayers than I've ever seen at ECCC.

There was a vendor that was selling an All Star Comics #58 VF for $400 raw lol

Also a Venom Lethal Protectors #1 red foil cover for $40 lol

There was a vendor that was selling an All Star Comics #58 VF for $400 raw lol

Also a Venom Lethal Protectors #1 red foil cover for $40 lol

I also saw Infinity Gauntlet 3 for $30. The only things worth spending money there are original art / sketches and exclusive issues...

At the airport waiting for my red eye flight. Joy of joys.

Was a good show. Got to see some friends, ate a lot and looked at funny books for 3 days.

Great seeing you again Joey, after I left you at the gate, met up with Scott Snyder and Mr. Mylar( Mike). Scott was so tired, if we didn't wake him, he night have missed the plane.