• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2021 at 11:51 AM, James J Johnson said:

Kav, I love you, and thank you, but it's a losing exercise in futility that will only be fraught with more frustration. 

I see this as a deflection, respectfully.  If you were of the mind of "its a losing excercise", you would not be posting a lot here.  So avoiding the pic has to be something else.

On 11/1/2021 at 11:51 AM, kav said:

I have dozens of friends online.  In the real world I like to keep to myself.  As I said it would help, and its better than nothing, and your refusal just causes people to go a-ha.  In game theory its a move that could help and cannot hurt-you always make that move.

The answer to my providing the material you request will be, THAT'S NOT HIM. That's his friend from across the street!, or something along those lines. lol  Door to door is the only way to eliminate doubt. Look at the fallout. If "the Answer" chimed in, his answer would be, "The answer is door to door".  

On 11/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, kav said:

I see this as a deflection, respectfully.  If you were of the mind of "its a losing excercise", you would not be posting a lot here.  So avoiding the pic has to be something else.

Wrong. I could be KellySH taking a picture of the computer and a friend or neighbor. Who would know for sure? How? More friends? A roomful, posing in front of my computer? It's never ending. Door to door is the answer. Ask the Answer.

I have to tell you man-I've always been a fan of yours but this refusal to do something simple is really making me think omg he really is Cupcak.

On 11/1/2021 at 1:34 PM, James J Johnson said:

So where are we on this? The upshot? I shouldn't post here any more for my unpardonable sin of indirectly and incidentally proving KellySH to be right by proving somebody wrong that is misconstruing facts? Is that where we are at present? 

I can't tell you what anyone else thinks.

I told you what I think.

No one but you cared about this noob getting his packages/facts mixed up (which is by no means a crime), especially when one of the people he was buying from is one of the most well known, infamous, pos scam artists in the HISTORY - THE HISTORY of the hobby.

YES, that wasn't your original focus. But then when questioned, you DID validate some of his sale items. You vouched for him!

Which of course called your credibility into question - just as I pointed out to you.

I could care less what your identity is - that's for everyone else to speculate - before this thread and someone pointing it out to me - I had you on ignore, so I obviously smelled something fishy long before this.

Do what you like, but you won't make any fans around this place vouching for THAT guy. In fact, you'll make a lot of enemies.

Edited by Prince Namor

On 11/1/2021 at 11:20 AM, James J Johnson said:

Now why would I do that. My name is my forum handle. I should change my name? And then why shouldn't you change your ID also? If I read correctly, you bought a Marvel Comics #1 from KellySH with full knowledge of what type of villain you were supporting. How much did you pay for that Marvel Comics 1, thus knowingly in support of a criminal enterprise? How many other books did you deal with him on, full well knowing you were supporting a criminal by doing that? A Marvel Comics 1? Is that right? You never said "now much". If you did, I don't recall. Care to tell us the amount? Maybe you should slink off behind me? I don't know. What do you think? 

I bought the Marvel #1 long before I had any idea you were the piece of mess you truly were.  At the time Fantazia or whatever the place was called had a pretty good rep.  

I bought a few other books  from you, but again that was when I and the general comic community didn't know what you were.  Funny you bring this up, as my post on the subject were long before JJJ joined. I almost bought a PLOD GL76 you were offering, but when I mentioned it here, people pointed out buying anything from you was still supporting a crook.

Edited by shadroch

On 11/1/2021 at 3:01 PM, kav said:

I have to tell you man-I've always been a fan of yours but this refusal to do something simple is really making me think omg he really is Cupcak.

I have no opinion one way or another on people's identities, but either I'm misunderstanding something about this selfie plan or it is something that would be easy to fake, and thus prove nothing.

On 11/1/2021 at 3:05 PM, ttfitz said:

I have no opinion one way or another on people's identities, but either I'm misunderstanding something about this selfie plan or it is something that would be easy to fake, and thus prove nothing.

Exactly. No one here should have to post a pic of themselves to prove anything. What kind of witchhunt, easily faked BS is all of that?

On 11/1/2021 at 12:05 PM, ttfitz said:

The point is it would be easy to fake for some, impossible for others-I would not be able to do it.  So it would add SOME doubt.  
The absolute refusal to do it, however, is evidence in the opposite direction.  JJJ has spent a LOT of time here arguing so it is important to him.  But something that could actually help, that is easy to do, and costs him nothing-that he will not do.

On 11/1/2021 at 12:08 PM, Prince Namor said:

Exactly. No one here should have to post a pic of themselves to prove anything. What kind of witchhunt, easily faked BS is all of that?

It isnt a full pic that was asked for-just part of his face, jaw, whatever that shows he is obviously not Cupcak.

Okay, the selfie thing isn't going to work I guess. How about turn your phone on video mode, show your logged in account on your home pc, if a pc is what you use, then get up and walk outside while videoing the area, without showing enough where people could figure out you or your address. I think that that would be enough to prove that you are not even in the same area as the cupcake guy. Yeah I know it's crazy, maybe scratch this.

One thing I judge people on is their actions. Has anyone been harmed? felt wronged? was it justified? etc.. I would tend to think that a known and habitual scammer, no matter how much they tried, would still make a mistake at some point when having an alias/shill account. 

On 11/1/2021 at 3:08 PM, Prince Namor said:

I agree. 

Honestly, it doesn't so much matter to me who JJJ is.  Maybe he was a bit over zealous going after Joe and I didn't really like that. Seemed like an innocent enough mistake. 

I'll punish DD by simply not buying his books and referring people here when they have questions about Kellysuperheros.  This thread speaks volumes. 

But I don't think people should be subjected to having to prove their identity to a bunch of strangers. If cgc and the mods have concerns they can take that up privately.  He shouldn't be publicly shamed on an anonymous forum. 

On 11/1/2021 at 12:19 PM, KCOComics said:

I agree. 

Honestly, it doesn't so much matter to me who JJJ is.  Maybe he was a bit over zealous going after Joe and I didn't really like that. Seemed like an innocent enough mistake. 

I'll punish DD by simply not buying his books and referring people here when they have questions about Kellysuperheros.  This thread speaks volumes. 

But I don't think people should be subjected to having to prove their identity to a bunch of strangers. If cgc and the mods have concerns they can take that up privately.  He shouldn't be publicly shamed on an anonymous forum. 

I can see this.  If JJ had said no way I'm doing anything like that its an invasion of my privacy I would have accepted that.  But he didnt seem to have an issue with that aspect he stated merely that it 'wouldnt help'.