• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I like how Latino Review broke the news that one of their own had seen the movie and Fillion was playing Nova. Guess they didn't stick around for the credits since Gunn confirms his name is in there. Never have trusted LR.

Latino Review also said there was going to be a Planet Hulk movie, so hm

Pretty darn cool!

Peace,

Chip

I know people aren't big fans of the loud, gaudy music in the trailers - but I love everything they've done with them so far. They manage to serve up trailers highlighting different aspects of the film to appeal to different types of audiences.

The next month is going to be hell for waiting!

I like how Latino Review broke the news that one of their own had seen the movie and Fillion was playing Nova. Guess they didn't stick around for the credits since Gunn confirms his name is in there. Never have trusted LR.

That would be cool

Pretty darn cool!

Peace,

Chip

I know people aren't big fans of the loud, gaudy music in the trailers - but I love everything they've done with them so far. They manage to serve up trailers highlighting different aspects of the film to appeal to different types of audiences.

The next month is going to be hell for waiting!

I like that trailer but the music is still terrible - and unnecessary

Pretty darn cool!

Peace,

Chip

:applause:

Anybody want to join the club that this Guardians of the Galaxy movie will make more money domestically then ASM 2 or X-Men Days of Future Past?

I will join that club. For me, it's based on the marketing methods - seems that they spent a lot more money than X-Men. ASM 2 had a pretty sizeable marketing presence, but I think it's got a fair chance at beating it. I think the real gamble is if the movie has that "second showing" appeal to it, to get people back for repeat viewings (like Avengers).

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jun/18/ruffalo-new-hulk-film-marvel-studios

you never know......its still possible. I think it would be amazing. It helps them deal with Hulks OP while still having meaningful movies with him in it.

Also sets up for a good Avengers 4 or 5 storyline (world war hulk)

Looks like Marvel has set up Guardians for a pretty big opening weekend, but it will be the -script and positive word of mouth that gets a healthy percentage of sustainability and repeat viewers.

And the international box office may not be nearly what it was for ASM and X-Men given the familiarity of those characters (and movie franchises).

That said, maybe the Marvel magic will turn GOTG to gold like most everything else. I'm hoping for $200m domestic, but August also means a lot of people are on vacation and not necessarily thinking about summer blockbusters...

It will be exciting to see how it does!

Dan

Guardians Toys spotted in Disney Store.

I wonder if they're selling. My son is 7, and I haven't heard any chatter about this movie at his school.

They have out already a GOTG Lego set and my 12yr old was nuts for the rocket raccoon. Its gonna be big (the movie) with the kids

Sorry to ask this if it's been answered...haven't read the whole thread

Is Iron Man going to be in GOTG?

I see plenty of covers with him on it...toys with him...seems like it will happen with some cameo.

I found some info online that has lots of speculation it will happen.

Curious what the board investigators have found. :)

Thanks

I believe Gunn or Feige has confirmed that as a negative.

Peace,

Chip

Thanks Chip. I saw this graphic online that seems to indicate he will but I would think it would have leaked already.

561D6C16-CE3E-4466-8A4A-A563A1F18357_zpsml1ms4g1.jpg

Just saw this:

Announcing Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: An IMAX® 3D First Look, a special event showing 17 minutes of exclusive film footage! This free sneak peek will be showcased in 150 IMAX® theatre locations across North America on July 7 at 7PM, and tickets will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Go HERE now to get yours. Fans who attend this sneak peek will also receive a limited-edition collectible Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy IMAX poster!

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=102658#DfUEgmx1Rht6JvrS.99

Get tickets here: http://www.seeitfirst.net/pin/552287

rHjVXDT.jpg

Just saw this:

Announcing Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: An IMAX® 3D First Look, a special event showing 17 minutes of exclusive film footage! This free sneak peek will be showcased in 150 IMAX® theatre locations across North America on July 7 at 7PM, and tickets will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Go HERE now to get yours. Fans who attend this sneak peek will also receive a limited-edition collectible Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy IMAX poster!

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=102658#DfUEgmx1Rht6JvrS.99

Thanks for this. I just confirmed two tickets and will try to make it.

Just saw this:

rHjVXDT.jpg

I can't believe they actually have one near me. Just got passes. Thank you!

:banana::banana::banana::banana: