• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

There was only one trailer that I remembered...

Christopher Nolan's latest effort, "Interstellar". In all honesty that was the only trailer that I remember seeing. There were others, but I forgot them already.

They did have a giant stand up in the hallway for this though, as it will be returning to theaters for one week only.

CB_ghostbusters_cast_jef_140226_16x9_608.jpg

:headbang: to both Interstellar and your spoiler.

Just came back from seeing it for the second time. Same theater, but this time in 2D instead of 3D, and it resulted in a totally different batch of trailers. The trailers in the 2D version seemed much more family friendly.

As far as speculation over Star Lord's father in the movie universe

they seemed to be hinting that Yondu is his father. In their final scene together, Yondu says "I may look like an angel, but I'm not. Hand it over, son." It seemed like a deliberate callback to Peter's mother on her deathbed describing his father as "an angel," especially with him then immediately calling Peter "son."

The next bit with Yondu and his sidekick commenting on Star Lord's dad hiring them seems to immediately contradict this, of course, so it might be that this bit was a red herring. But the angel bit really jumped out to me. I don't think the writers came up with that combination of words by accident.

Just came back from seeing it for the second time. Same theater, but this time in 2D instead of 3D, and it resulted in a totally different batch of trailers. The trailers in the 2D version seemed much more family friendly.

they seemed to be hinting that Yondu is his father. In their final scene together, Yondu says "I may look like an angel, but I'm not. Hand it over, son." It seemed like a deliberate callback to Peter's mother on her deathbed describing his father as "an angel," especially with him then immediately calling Peter "son."

The next bit with Yondu and his sidekick commenting on Star Lord's dad hiring them seems to immediately contradict this, of course, so it might be that this bit was a red herring. But the angel bit really jumped out to me. I don't think the writers came up with that combination of words by accident.

I didn't catch that at all. Very interesting. Couldn't say one way or another if that's the way they'll go, but nice catch.

Got back from seeing Guardians of the Galaxy and I loved it :grin:

Everyone in the theater were laughing at Rocket & Groot lol

They stole the show IMO :applause:

Howard the Duck cameo was lol

This film has a lot of heart.

You can tell they had fun making this movie :)

This film has a lot of heart.

Couldn't agree more.

I think the brilliant thing about this movie franchise is the flexibility these characters will have in future films. These characters do not have huge followings that will be critical if the story is loosely based on their story. I think this is what made this movie so much fun.

Groot was one of the sweetest and lovable characters I've ever seen in a film. The women in the theater loved him.

My wife wants a dancing Groot in a Pot for her desk at work.

As someone else said, I think Chris Pratt is a bona fide star now. I can't think of anyone else in Hollywood that would've played that role any better. I cringe thinking of Ryan Reynolds potentially playing Quill.

I was impressed with Bautista. He was the only one I was concerned with going in and he delivered.

My name is Howard. That's all you need to know.

I honestly wasn't interested in the movie at all. Never even looked at a preview. I haven't liked a Marvel movie since maybe the first X-Men, and even that one I only kinda liked.

But I finally got around to watching a couple trailers today after hearing all the talk on Facebook. Looks like a good movie. I'll check it out when it comes out on Blu Ray

The next bit with Yondu and his sidekick commenting on Star Lord's dad hiring them seems to immediately contradict this, of course, so it might be that this bit was a red herring.

My wife thought the same thing, but I just figured Yondu told his crew it was a paying job, and not personal. Perhaps they wouldn't accompany him otherwise.

I took my wife and 10 year old daughter to see it tonight. We went with her 9 year old friend, her parents, and her grand parents! Everyone laughed throughout the movie, including the kids and the grand parents. Everyone said they liked it. I wasn't thrilled when I heard that the movie wasn't going to be based on the original team, bit I liked it anyway.

Biggest surprise for me- as we were getting out of our seats to leave, my daughter said, "That movie had a great soundtrack!"

Biggest disappointment for me- I liked Bautista as Drax. I didn't really his "abilities" as the modern Drax. I am old and like the older Drax more.

Well, the wife and I just got back from seeing it in 3D. Probably just as good in 2D, I think.

I give the movie a "C", or a "C minus". My wife didn't care for it at all.

I must say this. My wife and I both think The Avengers movie is one of the best since Star Wars. With the first Iron Man movie a big hit also.

But this movie was kind of boring. A few (very few) cute and funny moments in it. But not many.

I wore my Rocket Raccoon t-shirt to the theater and had several people, AFTER the movie, comment on it. In a jealous way.

All in all, not a great, or even good movie. Just passable.

But obviously my opinion differs from many here. As usual.

I think the heroes in this movie, are lacking in power. As compared to other heroes in the Marvel Universe. The lowly Black Widow could probably kick their butts. And she ain't all that, really.

I wish I understood people like you. Your opinion of the movie makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Peace,

Chip

:popcorn:

Well, the wife and I just got back from seeing it in 3D. Probably just as good in 2D, I think.

I give the movie a "C", or a "C minus". My wife didn't care for it at all.

I must say this. My wife and I both think The Avengers movie is one of the best since Star Wars. With the first Iron Man movie a big hit also.

But this movie was kind of boring. A few (very few) cute and funny moments in it. But not many.

I wore my Rocket Raccoon t-shirt to the theater and had several people, AFTER the movie, comment on it. In a jealous way.

But obviously my opinion differs from many here. As usual.

I think the heroes in this movie, are lacking in power. As compared to other heroes in the Marvel Universe. The lowly Black Widow could probably kick their butts. And she ain't all that, really.

being_hipster_is_so_mainstream_by_ultimatekitsune-d57pb7s.jpg

Just kidding... maybe not... no I am..... not really.