• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I liked it. I was on the phone with someone that had no idea who they were and they enjoyed it. I guess comic book fans need to realize something. Comic book fans represent a small percentage of the audience that Marvel is trying to reach.

Marvel wants to reach a wider audience than the people on these boards. I think that they succeeded in doing this.

The framing of the characters from just seeing Rocket from the neck up and not seeing Groot's face at all was pretty smart and straight out of the book. This was a great way to introduce the characters. I thought that the narrative of the detention scene was also a great way to tell an audience about characters that they may not be familiar with.

People knew who Iron Man was. They had heard the name. While Marvel knew it was not a Spider-man or X-Men, they realized that Iron Man had brand recognition capabilities. Marvel is building that right now with Guardians and needs it to appeal to more than those that are already familiar with the characters.

I thought that the "flip off" attitude of Peter Quill was well represented.

The ferociousness of Rocket and Groot were well hinted at

Gamora originally seemed weak to me in the production still we saw. However I liked Zoe Saldana's look once I saw the live camera on her. Same thing with Drax. Dave Bautista will do well with this as the character basically screams "WWE" in the books so why not use a wrassler' on screen.

The movie will fall to Pratt to make it or break it. As fans we already assume that this will be about the Infinity Gems. So we have an idea of where the plot is headed. It's up to Pratt now to pull this off. Marvel seems to be gambling that he will be the Phase II Robert Downy Jr.

Wait and see.

Guardians will be a fun flick.

Guardians will be a fun flick.

I agree. Everything about the trailer made me smile. Could totally imagine a stifling hot, humid August day and 'escaping' into a theater for a bit of popcorn-escapist fun by watching this movie ... and looks like it will deliver.

It felt like summer to me.

Wasn't impressed. I think I may have even rolled my eyes a few times.

And I'm trying to think of a song I hate worse than that one, but nothing is coming to mind.

Hopefully Marvel will do better with the next Avengers movie.

This is the opposite of everything I thought.

I thought the animation of Rocket and the house plant would be awful.

I thought I would hate it.

The animation was excellent. In fact, much more realistic than the guard's guns or the muscle guy with the plastic strips all over his torso.

I liked it. Rocket spitting on the floor made me laugh.

But...it's just a trailer. I've been fooled before. But, I'll probably go see it. :)

Watched it around 5 times on my ipad.

Just watched it on Kimmel on my 50" HD TV. Looks way better ..

I think the song is trying to give a 70s feel, not a future feel. (shrug)

I like it. And rocket looks cool on the bigger screen, so at the theatre .. I can't wait. :wishluck:

I can't believe some of the negativity about this...

Can't judge a film solely on a 2 minute trailer, but from the first 2 mins anyone has seen, is pretty faithful to the original source material.

That trailer is pretty much, exactly what any fan of the DnA run on GOTG, would hope to see.

Obviously, with some Cosmo mixed in. :)

I can't believe some of the negativity about this...

Can't judge a film solely on a 2 minute trailer, but from the first 2 mins anyone has seen, is pretty faithful to the original source material.

That trailer is pretty much, exactly what any fan of the DnA run on GOTG, would hope to see.

Obviously, with some Cosmo mixed in. :)

I agree completely. This reminded me so much of Abnett and Lannings run.