• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lazarus - New Image book by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

696 posts in this topic

It was around 50 k but that includes variants. Its a solid book with great art & writing and will be around for at least 5 years so I see this big things for this title. (thumbs u

hey there Nate,

I definately agree & as we've discussed before I'm pretty sure this title in going see a healthy increase in price over time.

Easily one of my favourite titles at the moment. Looking forward to reading issue 3

This book is a sleeper, for sure. Probably one of the best books of this year besides East of West.

Sleeper? It sold 48k first issue.

That's pretty hefty for an Image book. I think what Saga, EoW, and TWD are the only books that have been beating that.

With that being said...I am with you 100%. Book is freaking awesome. As mentioned the sword scene was T and A

It beat Saga by more than 10k:

Saga - 37,641

Lazarus - 48,030

East of West - 49,518

Ten Grand - 57,216

Jupiters Legacy - 105,437

I think this is a great book as well, but calling it a sleeper is very much a misnomer - it had a lot of pre-publication hype and was heavily ordered.

I meant currently not so much #1 issues but yes a ton of hype ..that actually has paned out so far IMO

It was around 50 k but that includes variants. Its a solid book with great art & writing and will be around for at least 5 years so I see this big things for this title. (thumbs u

I do not see an asterix next to the 48k so I don't believe that includes the variants. With all of the variants out there I bet its more like 54k total print run

I don't know what the deal was with #1 but it's a great story so far. Issue #2 on the other hand only had a print run of 27143* and this did include the variants. I am high on the story as a whole but think sets will do better than #1 by itself.