• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lazarus - New Image book by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

696 posts in this topic

I really enjoyed the second issue. It left us with a lot of questions, but slowly answered them in the narrative. It isn't just spoon feeding us information, but is allowing things to occur and us to figure them out as we go.

The end made me excited for the next book. I can't wait to see where it goes, and I imagine Rucka is going to flesh out Lazarus. He usually writes strong female leads. She seems cold right now.

I really enjoyed the second issue. It left us with a lot of questions, but slowly answered them in the narrative. It isn't just spoon feeding us information, but is allowing things to occur and us to figure them out as we go.

The end made me excited for the next book. I can't wait to see where it goes, and I imagine Rucka is going to flesh out Lazarus. He usually writes strong female leads. She seems cold right now.

Agreed, I was on the fence after the first issue but the second issue sealed the deal for me. The icing on the cake was the timeline in the columns of the letters page: Being a fan of Rucka's I know he has always done a great job fleshing out his stories, but if he put THAT much thought into the world, people, environment, and characters I can't wait to see the twists and turns he has in store.

Agreed, I was on the fence after the first issue but the second issue sealed the deal for me. The icing on the cake was the timeline in the columns of the letters page: Being a fan of Rucka's I know he has always done a great job fleshing out his stories, but if he put THAT much thought into the world, people, environment, and characters I can't wait to see the twists and turns he has in store.

I liked the timeline and the ending. I liked issue 1 a little better than 2 but this is still head and shoulders over most comics I've read lately. I like that this book is going to have an ending but I already know I'm going to miss it when it's over.