• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lazarus - New Image book by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

696 posts in this topic

Still doesn't take away from the fact this is a good story and great art. I see big things long term with Lazarus.

Also speculators probably bought 25 k of that run and maybe the reader size will be around 30 k a issue. I'm ok with that.

Edited by natevegas

Who said it takes anything away from how good the book is? Why are you reading my posts as criticism or some other form of negativity? I've loved Lazarus so far, and see it continuing for quite a while, and I was mainly surprised at the steep drop BECAUSE I think the series is so good. You're a weird one.

Edited by Katchoo

Again I'm not surprised because a lot of people out there are buying and pre-ordering a ton of #1's but after that they bail. I'm really not surprised by the number 2 numbers now if number 3 were to drop by that same percentage from 2 to 3 then yeah it would be shocking and surprising. Glad you like it, I think its sooo good.

In the foreseeable short term, every image #1 will be sold in the 20k copies and will experience a 40% drop. Speculators running amuck for #1 not wanting to miss out on the next day men, Todd, clone, etc... For every #1 that succeed there are 10 others that will be in 0.50 bins

This book is a sleeper, for sure. Probably one of the best books of this year besides East of West.

Sleeper? It sold 48k first issue.

That's pretty hefty for an Image book. I think what Saga, EoW, and TWD are the only books that have been beating that.

With that being said...I am with you 100%. Book is freaking awesome. As mentioned the sword scene was T and A

This book is a sleeper, for sure. Probably one of the best books of this year besides East of West.

Sleeper? It sold 48k first issue.

That's pretty hefty for an Image book. I think what Saga, EoW, and TWD are the only books that have been beating that.

With that being said...I am with you 100%. Book is freaking awesome. As mentioned the sword scene was T and A

It beat Saga by more than 10k:

Saga - 37,641

Lazarus - 48,030

East of West - 49,518

Ten Grand - 57,216

Jupiters Legacy - 105,437

I think this is a great book as well, but calling it a sleeper is very much a misnomer - it had a lot of pre-publication hype and was heavily ordered.