• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly May 30-31 - June 1-2, 2013

150 posts in this topic

No complaints, found plenty of material to buy, and feel very happy with the on site grading.

How has on site grading been? Were they able to do any on site for submissions brought in today, or did they get backed up with Thursday and Friday subs?

I think most people should be very pleased with on site. I wasn't there at all today, but the service was spectacular as always.

I agree, CGC has been very efficient this year, they came prepared.

The CGC website said the cutoff is most likely tonight for on site. I would try to get them in by 5-6 though, so I think you might miss out on on site for the SS. BeachBum had 15 copies of TWD back last night, but this is also his life so they don't treat us the same. I had 3 books and have not heard anything.

Seriously? Just because you think it doesn't make it true.

I got my books in at opening Thursday and got them back right at closing.

I don't get any special treatment. I wait around and keep checking to see if my invoices are back like everyone else. They take the books in by groups - and the groups come back based on submission type.

A lot of people were surprised when they got their Moderns back Thursday night.

I had Dre submit my books under his account and I got them back 15 minutes after I subbed them in. The slabs were still too hot to hold.

A friend and I both submitted books with no problems and no preferential treatment at the show - I am not sure how anyone can assume certain people get special treatment. My pal subbed a big pile for "on-site" and they were ready the next morning. I went thru Desert Wind for my Stan Sig Series and I couldn't be happier. I kind of like the subdued nature of the show - there was no elbow-to-elbow nonsense like NYCC. I could talk to everyone without people walking over me the whole day. The lack of publishers was a big minus but proximity was nice for me.

Note - even with Denver Con going on there was zero lack of beautiful books available

peace and love ..peace and love

The CGC website said the cutoff is most likely tonight for on site. I would try to get them in by 5-6 though, so I think you might miss out on on site for the SS. BeachBum had 15 copies of TWD back last night, but this is also his life so they don't treat us the same. I had 3 books and have not heard anything.

I don't get any special treatment. I wait around and keep checking to see if my invoices are back like everyone else. They take the books in by groups - and the groups come back based on submission type.

I had Dre submit my books under his account and I got them back 15 minutes after I subbed them in. The slabs were still too hot to hold.

lol

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the ridiculous prices that are being charged for this show. $50 (with service charge) for Friday (only open for 6 hours) and $60 (with service charge) for Saturday... and those are online prices which are $5 less than the door.

this is insane. the only way this is justified at a show is if all auto's were free once you got in..but I highly doubt that's the case.

Seriously. This past weekend happened to be my birthday so I toyed with the idea of treating myself, but $60 is real money to me. I'd hardly be able to buy any comics!

The CGC wanted to get rid of that 9.6 as fast as possible.

Calling out the philly guys in this thread. :baiting:

Stop whining in our Denver Comic Con (DCC) thread about the lack of GA/SA material due to both cons being at the same time. Dale, Harley, Graham, Terry and others had some great stuff this year in Denver and hey, we totally deserved it after setting attendance records last year and this year. Hell, today sold out even and yesterday the fire marshall stopped entry at one point.

Maybe in 2014 those who are considering Philly can visit the Mile High City instead.

(yes, Bill P., knows I'm being totally obnoxious w/ this post. Just an attempt at having some "competitive" fun and not cause a total flame war.) (thumbs u

Or maybe next year they can coordinate the schedule so that the shows are on different dates, then some of us can go to both shows :idea:

And 4 days is too long for the Philly show in my view

Calling out the philly guys in this thread. :baiting:

Stop whining in our Denver Comic Con (DCC) thread about the lack of GA/SA material due to both cons being at the same time. Dale, Harley, Graham, Terry and others had some great stuff this year in Denver and hey, we totally deserved it after setting attendance records last year and this year. Hell, today sold out even and yesterday the fire marshall stopped entry at one point.

Maybe in 2014 those who are considering Philly can visit the Mile High City instead.

(yes, Bill P., knows I'm being totally obnoxious w/ this post. Just an attempt at having some "competitive" fun and not cause a total flame war.) (thumbs u

Or maybe next year they can coordinate the schedule so that the shows are on different dates, then some of us can go to both shows :idea:

And 4 days is too long for the Philly show in my view

Way too long.