• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does PRESSING IT OUT mean exactly?

383 posts in this topic

CGC has chosen not to consider pressing restoration. Most likely, because it can not be detected consistently, or determined if it was done intentionally by mechanical means or not. It's also believed that they choose not to because it helps continue to bring in more business. They often grade the same book two, three or more times, because they are purchased, cracked out, often pressed, and resubmitted in hopes of a higher grade.

Many consider pressing restoration, and by definition it is. It's a process of removing defects, which restores a book to a state closer to which it was when it was manufactured.

:applause:

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't pick out the part you like and quote it because that may not be my opinion.

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't pick out the part you like and quote it because that may not be my opinion.

If you don't want to be quoted, then stop posting on an international forum. doh!

CGC has chosen not to consider pressing restoration. Most likely, because it can not be detected consistently, or determined if it was done intentionally by mechanical means or not. It's also believed that they choose not to because it helps continue to bring in more business. They often grade the same book two, three or more times, because they are purchased, cracked out, often pressed, and resubmitted in hopes of a higher grade.

Many consider pressing restoration, and by definition it is. It's a process of removing defects, which restores a book to a state closer to which it was when it was manufactured.

That doesn't make much sense.

There's an entire "out of context" thread in CG dedicated to the concept of taking a small part of a larger, more complete, quote and thus changing the meaning to what it would be when left in context.

I imagine that is that he is referring to, even though that thread is usually regarding innuendo.

There's an entire "out of context" thread in CG dedicated to the concept of taking a small part of a larger, more complete, quote and thus changing the meaning to what it would be when left in context.

I imagine that is that he is referring to, even though that thread is usually regarding innuendo.

Come on, that's BS as I quoted two paragraphs/several sentences here and didn't cut out a portion of a sentence to change the context. doh!

He's just mad I agreed with something he posted. lol

It's taking what I wrote out of context. It may or may not be my opinion.

I don't see that here. How is the context changed? (shrug)

It's taking what I wrote out of context.

No it's not.

Come on, that's BS as I quoted two paragraphs/several sentences here and didn't cut out a portion of a sentence to change the context. doh!

..but we don't agree, and quote this as much as you like. Crawl back in the basement and go eff yourself.

Oh I am not saying that what you did changed the meaning of what he said, I was just explaining why someone, in general, may complain about something being taken out of a larger context.

I have ZERO interest in reading the substance of another in an endless line of pressing threads.

..but we don't agree, and quote this as much as you like. Crawl back in the basement and go eff yourself.

Thats a good custom title right there!

It didn't and he's just whining because I agreed with something he said. Seriously.

What they're referring to is hacking partial sentences to make it look like you're saying something you're not, like movie trailers and posters do.

Original Comment: "This movie stinks and is as far away from a quality movie that I've ever seen!"

Movie Poster Quote: "a quality movie!"

I meant in general. Taking things out of context here is an art form perfected over a generation.

However, I don't know if that happened here because I've been here over 10 years and seen 14,546 pressing threads and I will be damned if I read the substance of even ONE more of them. lol

..but we don't agree...

You're missing the nuance here. JC said he agreed with something you posted. That is true. You may not agree with what you posted, but you did post it.