• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does PRESSING IT OUT mean exactly?

383 posts in this topic

I quoted 2 paragraphs made up of multiple sentences, and if he totally disagrees with, and is fanboy-level-senstive about, that level of content being shown out of a larger post, then he shouldn't have written it.

The only way to avoid having part of a larger point being taken out of context is to never say anything at all. It isn't a speaker's fault for saying something that can be snipped up and taken out of context, it's the fault of the person who trimmed the context to begin with.

The only way to avoid having part of a larger point being taken out of context is to never say anything at all. It isn't a speaker's fault for saying something that can be snipped up and taken out of context, it's the fault of the person who trimmed the context to begin with.

I hope you will be as diligent in patroling other threads as I see "selective quoting" transgressions by the thousands on here. Get to work!

Truthfully, I think your bias towards my posting style is more of an issue, and had someone else quoted exactly what I quoted, there would be no hoopla.

That's absolutely true--I am strongly biased against people who are biased when it comes to controversial issues. When it comes to pressing, you're not even CLOSE to the only one I'm biased against who can't see both sides of the issue. The list is absolutely mammoth--it's probably a third of long-time forum members. :ohnoez:

This thread feels just like 2007.

That's exactly it. People quote selectively on here all day and night, yet I do it once and suddenly the witch hunt starts.

I just liked how he wrote that part of his post - simple, yet eloquent - and had no illusion of his bias towards the subject, and just applauded it. Then came the pitchforks and torches...

Truthfully, I think your bias towards my posting style is more of an issue, and had someone else quoted exactly what I quoted, there would be no hoopla.

That's absolutely true--I am strongly biased against people who are biased when it comes to controversial issues. When it comes to pressing, you're not even CLOSE to the only one I'm biased against who can't see both sides of the issue. The list is absolutely mammoth--it's probably a third of long-time forum members. :ohnoez:

lol

lol lol

giggle.gif

[When it comes to pressing, you're not even CLOSE to the only one I'm biased against who can't see both sides of the issue.

That's because the two sides are:

Buyers and Sellers

and I'm only part of the first camp.

I hope you will be as diligent in paroling other threads as I see "selective quoting" transgressions by the thousands on here. Get to work!

meh, I mostly hang in the Water Cooler these days fighting the biased. I moseyed down to CG the last two weeks because I felt like the spine-shifting thread was required reading and it started in the one comics forum I still do read, the Silver forum. :popcorn:

I hope you will be as diligent in paroling other threads as I see "selective quoting" transgressions by the thousands on here. Get to work!

meh, I mostly hang in the Water Cooler these days fighting the biased.

:roflmao:

This thread feels just like 2007.

That's exactly it. People quote selectively on here all day and night, yet I do it once and suddenly the witch hunt starts.

I just liked how he wrote that part of his post - simple, yet eloquent - and had no illusion of his bias towards the subject, and just applauded it. Then came the pitchforks and torches...

(tsk)

There's no point in fighting you--you're beyond saving. I wish that it weren't so. :(

There's no point in fighting you--you're beyond saving. I wish that it weren't so. :(

lol

:hi:

:eyeroll: He's just fine the way he is.

:cloud9:

Don't let it go to your head skippy. :baiting:

Don't let it go to your head skippy. :baiting:

:whee:

Does anyone prefer him posting in emoticons and pictures, or would we all prefer to see him post his thoughtful analysis of issues again without his fervor constantly getting him into fights?

"both sides"?

As if it's really that cut & dry.

I think it's you who can't see....