• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

I actually kind of like that idea. Leave the sticker on and make all the bidders feel ashamed for how much they spend on it lmfao

I wonder how high a graded 9.8 will get in the next couple of years?

It is gonna hold it's current value.

She's here to stay.

I know I am in the minority.

I also own ZERO copies, so I think my opinion is unbiased,

Take it for what you will. I have no dogs in this fight,.

I hope it crashes, honestly, so I can buy one at a price i'm comfortable with. I just don't see it happening.

I wonder how high a graded 9.8 will get in the next couple of years?

It is gonna hold it's current value.

She's here to stay.

I know I am in the minority.

I also own ZERO copies, so I think my opinion is unbiased,

Take it for what you will. I have no dogs in this fight,.

I hope it crashes, honestly, so I can buy one at a price i'm comfortable with. I just don't see it happening.

Patience Grasshoppa. You will have your chance. This time won't be different. (thumbs u

-J.

So here's the story.

I finally retrieved my comic book collection from my childhood. Being the odd child I was, I'd normally get my comics, read them carefully and immediately put them in a mylar bag with a cardboard back, seal it up with a small piece of tape and put it away for good. The cardboard box it was stored in hasn't been opened in 20 years.

Well, as I started looking through my collection of mostly 1990's comics tonight I came across Batman Adventures #12. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I read this one, because it had girls in it. At that time, girls still had cooties. However, it appears this can be semi-valuable.

So my question is. Is it worth it to get this thing graded and sealed? To my eye the copy looks perfect. If so, where would I take it and what would the average cost be? I'd appreciate any help you all could offer.

Chris

So here's the story.

I finally retrieved my comic book collection from my childhood. Being the odd child I was, I'd normally get my comics, read them carefully and immediately put them in a mylar bag with a cardboard back, seal it up with a small piece of tape and put it away for good. The cardboard box it was stored in hasn't been opened in 20 years.

Well, as I started looking through my collection of mostly 1990's comics tonight I came across Batman Adventures #12. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I read this one, because it had girls in it. At that time, girls still had cooties. However, it appears this can be semi-valuable.

So my question is. Is it worth it to get this thing graded and sealed? To my eye the copy looks perfect. If so, where would I take it and what would the average cost be? I'd appreciate any help you all could offer.

Chris

Scan the front and back in, and post it.

Beware the TAPE. AHHHHHHH!

So here's the story.

Chris

at the time, girls had cooties..so you were like 11...but you kept your comics with girls in mylars huh?

So here's the story.

Chris

at the time, girls had cooties..so you were like 11...but you kept your comics with girls in mylars huh?

Well, it was his pre-Playboy days obviously . . . :grin:

So here's the story.

Chris

Yes! For the same reason salad bars have sneeze guards......kinda. But I was 14

Edited by HallsDeeep

So here's the story.

Chris

Same exact thing happen to me last year around March or April as i gotten back into this hobby as well. went through 5 or so short boxes of my comics all were 90s, had a a few sneaker boxes filled of comics as well. as i was finishing bagging and boarding tons of loose comics i had, i stumbled upon this BA#12 and i was literally about to toss it in the garbage and just forget about it.

Let me tell you something... CONGRATS !!! keep that comic and pay to have CGC grade it. thats what i did with mine. i thought it would have been a better grade but it turned out to be a 6.5. whatever.... I'm happy to have a issue that is now a KEY issue of Batman and his characters. even if you just get rid of it you can sell a raw copy from $100-150. if you grade it and its mint you can make some good cash off of it. people are trying to sell these in the $1,000 range and even higher nowadays, and the crazy part about it some people are actually getting those amounts. good luck and keep us updated about yours

Also when that comic came out in 92-93 i didn't think women had cooties. i did know they had back then that they were all pain in the asses... and thats is true of course :grin:

Also when that comic came out in 92-93 i didn't think women had cooties. i did know they had back then that they were all pain in the asses... and thats is true of course :grin:

Let's not reinforce stereotypes about how comics fans stereotype women, please. I know you're kidding. I know you mean no harm. Just please go the next step and imagine a woman reading this who's been hit by someone who called her a pain in the . They're out there and more of them are in our community than ever.

These jokes might be a lot funnier if we didn't live in a world where men use exactly that kind of thinking, for real, to justify violence against women. And there is a lot of violence against women.

Please no lectures on having a sense of humor, folks. I do. I've literally worked for Comedy Central. I just don't find these jokes funny and the upside of resisting them is we don't perpetuate this thinking OR the stereotypes about comic fans and women. All I'm asking is that we not say here what we wouldn't say to a woman's face.

Thanks.