• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

I'd like to see a print run comparison of ASM #300 and BA #12. To me, these two are probably the most comparable. Maybe NM #98 as well.

-- ASM #300 is an $800 book in CGC 9.8 and it's 5 years older. CGC 9.8s = 542

-- NM #98 is a $400 book in CGC 9.8 and it's 2.5 years older. CGC 9.8s = 1,318

-- BA #12 is a $750-800 book in CGC 9.8. CGC 9.8s = 149. Yes, there will be ALOT more coming soon

Where will BA #12 land when the dust settles and the fanboys get their BA #12 CGC 9.8s back from "Alcaslab" and dump them? I am thinking closer to NM#98 levels than ASM#300 levels...

Unless Harley gets her own movie, or is the featured villain in a D.C. movie, this book will fall below NM #98. A version of Deadpool has already been featured in the Wolverine movie. A Deadpool movie being made is more of a certainty than a Harley movie being made, especially since Marvel is more willing to make movies concerning their "B" and "C" level characters (we're going to be getting GOTG and Rocket Racoon as a blockbuster movie for god's sake). D.C. can't even get movies of their "A" list characters like Wonder Woman, or Aquaman made for god's sake.

By the time the deluge of B.A. #12's return from their "vacations" in Florida, I see it finally settling in the $250-$300 range. Not a bad price, but since the census numbers in 9.8 are likely to quintuple the numbers that were present during the $1,000 sale, the price will lower as there will be more supply to meet demand. And as the book lowers as the extra copies come up for sale, the demand will lower because people will realize just how many copies are really out there, and that it was never "rare".

It will pull back, but I am not certain it will fall that far. My guess is that it will settle in the $400 - $500 range as there is plenty of demand for the book. I was saw a copy sell in raw 9.0 (seller called NM) for $200 at a show last year, so $400 for a slabbed 9.8 is not unreasonable.

I view Copper/Modern 9.8s as the equivalent of 9.4 BA keys WRT supply. I can remember having the same discussions with people here and at shows about BA keys being overvalued 10 years ago since they were so abundant and all they have done is gone up over time. Is there a shortage of common BA keys like Hulk #181, ASM #129 or GSX #1? Not at all.

If the book does pull back to the $250 - $300 range in 9.8 I will be buying. We are starting to see the first big jump in prices for CA keys just like it happened with SA keys in the late 90s/early 2000s and BA keys in the mid 2000s. My only problem with those two jumps was selling too early with the first run up, which at a 2 - 3 x return turned out to be a relatively small profit over the longer term. :tonofbricks:

Edited by kimik

9.6 sold for 600.00 last night.

Mar-17-2014 $600 Cert# 0221363002

I was wondering why that was on the GPA when trying to price out the one I bought from you. You are the one that sold it for $600??? Congrads!!!

Well whoever sold it…great job on selling a comic for almost double what it is worth to someone who had no idea what it was worth!

Kinda reminds me of the time that one boardie bought a slab from another boardie for over GPA and then started a thread in comics general thanking him for selling him the comic. lol

Well whoever sold it…great job on selling a comic for almost double what it is worth to someone who had no idea what it was worth!

Kinda reminds me of the time that one boardie bought a slab from another boardie for over GPA and then stated a thread in comics general thanking him for selling him the comic. lol

OMG...and I'm willing to bet all the board-jerks came out of the woodwork for that one.

Kinda reminds me of the time that one boardie bought a slab from another boardie for over GPA and then stated a thread in comics general thanking him for selling him the comic. lol

OMG...and I'm willing to bet all the board-jerks came out of the woodwork for that one.

Dang...I missed that one. I'll bet nobody had any problem giving out free GPA info that time. :D

Dang...I missed that one. I'll bet nobody had any problem giving out free GPA info that time. :D

:o

hm

:whistle:

-slym

I still think it will keep at $625-$750.

Seems 9.8s are increasing less than expected. Will be an interesting book to continue to watch. The Mad Love special continues to be interesting as well. :popcorn:

Edited by Rip