• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

You really want to see a lot of 9.8s roll in, wait until you see all the Titans 44's out there.

Yeah I bet it's pretty crazy, In my findings I have not come across a single Batman Adventures #12 in any grade but a large shop near me has 20+ copies of Titans #44 so based on that alone much more potential for 9.8's

Batman villain keys usually always have lasting value while (IMO) Deadpool is still teetering on that classic/fad line. I believe Harley is more valuable but if that Deadpool movie ever comes out, that may cement Deadpool popularity and skyrocket him.

Plus Harley in 9.8 has been between $800 and $1000 while Deadpool is between $400 and $500.

I'd go with Harley for now but start saving for Deadpool.

Batman villain keys usually always have lasting value while (IMO) Deadpool is still teetering on that classic/fad line. I believe Harley is more valuable but if that Deadpool movie ever comes out, that may cement Deadpool popularity and skyrocket him.

Plus Harley in 9.8 has been between $800 and $1000 while Deadpool is between $400 and $500.

BA 12 is more like $650-$675 in a 9.8, and NM 98 is in the $400-$450 range. NM 98 is a true first appearance of a currently popular character, BA 12 is simply the first appearance of a cartoon character in a comic book. People over estimate the importance of BA 12 in the hobby, and as more and more 9.8 copies hit the census, the lower the price seems to go. NM 98 has tons of 9.8's on the census and still seems to rise over time, although slowly.

-J.

BA 12 is more like $650-$675 in a 9.8, and NM 98 is in the $400-$450 range. NM 98 is a true first appearance of a currently popular character, BA 12 is simply the first appearance of a cartoon character in a comic book. People over estimate the importance of BA 12 in the hobby, and as more and more 9.8 copies hit the census, the lower the price seems to go. NM 98 has tons of 9.8's on the census and still seems to rise over time, although slowly.

-J.

I agree with you re: prices will fall as more 9.8s hit the census, just like with every other book, but your comment re: importance of NM 98 vs. BA 12 is wrong. Deadpool is an good character, but does not have the widespread appeal of Harley across both male and, more importantly, female collectors. That is the most important factor for comics as a whole going forward, IMHO. As more female readers and collectors enter the hobby characters like Harley and books like Saga will become more popular. I have been seeing it at shows the past three years especially after the DC New 52 relaunch - male and female collectors buy Harley books equally, but it almost entirely male collectors with Deadpool.

FWIW, the way Marvel is treating Deadpool right now with crappy mini after crappy mini I can see the franchise going the way of Punisher in the late 80s to mid 90s - overexposure can kill a good thing as well. DC is going to run the same risk with Harley if they overdo it.........

-J.

I agree with you re: prices will fall as more 9.8s hit the census, just like with every other book, but your comment re: importance of NM 98 vs. BA 12 is wrong. Deadpool is an good character, but does not have the widespread appeal of Harley across both male and, more importantly, female collectors. That is the most important factor for comics as a whole going forward, IMHO. As more female readers and collectors enter the hobby characters like Harley and books like Saga will become more popular. I have been seeing it at shows the past three years especially after the DC New 52 relaunch - male and female collectors buy Harley books equally, but it almost entirely male collectors with Deadpool.

FWIW, the way Marvel is treating Deadpool right now with crappy mini after crappy mini I can see the franchise going the way of Punisher in the late 80s to mid 90s - overexposure can kill a good thing as well. DC is going to run the same risk with Harley if they overdo it.........

I agree with your post, however my comment was strictly limited to the importance of BA 12 as a "collectible comic book", not the current popularity of Harley Quinn, the character. Since Harley Quinn originated on a cartoon show and not a comic book, I would give the edge to NM 98 in terms of importance and longer term value. Yes Marvel runs the risk of over exposing Deadpool, however Harley is also currently in her own dreadful series, and her schtick is very one dimensional in its own right. Since there can never be a true "first appearance" of Harley Quinn in a comic book, BA 12 will always be a book that reaches for significance.

-J.

-J.

I agree with your post, however my comment was strictly limited to the importance of BA 12 as a "collectible comic book", not the current popularity of Harley Quinn, the character. Since Harley Quinn originated on a cartoon show and not a comic book, I would give the edge to NM 98 in terms of importance and longer term value. Yes Marvel runs the risk of over exposing Deadpool, however Harley is also currently in her own dreadful series, and her schtick is very one dimensional in its own right. Since there can never be a true "first appearance" of Harley Quinn in a comic book, BA 12 will always be a book that reaches for significance.

-J.

Issue #4 sold 63K issues and #1 went to a 3rd print. #0,2 &3 went 2nd print. Someone is obviously buying them (shrug)

-J.

-J.

Issue #4 sold 63K issues and #1 went to a 3rd print. #0,2 &3 went 2nd print. Someone is obviously buying them (shrug)

I was referring strictly to content. :shy:

-J.

-J.

-J.

I was referring strictly to content. :shy:

-J.

I'm going to guess that Connor and Palmioti are trying to reach a wider range of readers, draw in the new, the females, the outraged, the confused. Likely most that follow the new series don't care too much about what Ultron or Thanos are up to, but then again everyone got their favs.