• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

BA12 is/has been worth 2 or 3 times more than that book hm (400 x 3 = 1200 sounds right) If it was just me buying up these books Id feel not so sure. And these auctions are not just 2 people bidding at the end either. We need more BA12s in 9.8 put up with out reserve. Someone please post one on ebay for the sake of argument?

BA12 is/has been worth 2 or 3 times more than that book hm (400 x 3 = 1200 sounds right) If it was just me buying up these books Id feel not so sure. And these auctions are not just 2 people bidding at the end either. We need more BA12s in 9.8 put up with out reserve. Someone please post one on ebay for the sake of argument?

Don't you have one

:baiting:

Also I think if you want to talk about investment books from this era, TMNT 1 is a far better investment IMHO

TMNT 1 is in a whole different league and probably somewhat of an unfair comparison. The prices on those are out of the range of the average collector. TMNT 1 is also a lot rarer, especially in high grade. I think the better comparison in terms of investment potential from the Copper/Modern era, which has previously been mentioned, would be ASM 300. That book graded 9.8 regularly sells in the $700-$900 range but is more easily attainable in 9.8 condition than BA 12. It will be interesting to see in a year or two how the prices compare.

Also I think if you want to talk about investment books from this era, TMNT 1 is a far better investment IMHO

TMNT 1 is in a whole different league and probably somewhat of an unfair comparison. The prices on those are out of the range of the average collector. TMNT 1 is also a lot rarer, especially in high grade. I think the better comparison in terms of investment potential from the Copper/Modern era, which has previously been mentioned, would be ASM 300. That book graded 9.8 regularly sells in the $700-$900 range but is more easily attainable in 9.8 condition than BA 12. It will be interesting to see in a year or two how the prices compare.

I was only mentioning TMNT because Junk had said that were no other books that had as much potential as BA12. But I understand how you are looking at it and I agree it's in a different league.

I was only mentioning TMNT because Junk had said that were no other books that had as much potential as BA12. But I understand how you are looking at it and I agree it's in a different league.

Great book sold my 9.6 earlier this year for 8000 what's it worth now. I took the money and ran.

Great book sold my 9.6 earlier this year for 8000 what's it worth now. I took the money and ran.

:o

My San Diego copy:

Batman Adventures 12 9/93 D.C. Comics Signature 9.8 WHITE SIGNED BY BRUCE TIMM ON 7/18/13 & PAUL DINI ON 7/20/13

Need to see this now :makepoint:

I will have it in a couple weeks. :whee:

My San Diego copy:

Batman Adventures 12 9/93 D.C. Comics Signature 9.8 WHITE SIGNED BY BRUCE TIMM ON 7/18/13 & PAUL DINI ON 7/20/13

My SS 9.8 is Timm only. How can I get Dini now?

My San Diego copy:

I hadn't seen him at a show in a long time. I waited until I could get them together and this was the first opportunity I saw. If I had to guess, I would say SD 2014 may be the next best chance. :foryou:

My San Diego copy:

I hadn't seen him at a show in a long time. I waited until I could get them together and this was the first opportunity I saw. If I had to guess, I would say SD 2014 may be the next best chance. :foryou:

I got to add that to my list of things to accomplish. Thanks