• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

that wasn't on juggernauts list a couple of pages back...maybe he meant 5 instead of #8??

anyway, it's her 7th appearance...at some point it doesn't matter anymore! i'd buy it for a buck, sure, but i don't see it exploding much beyond a few sheckles.

If anyone has been around long enough knows that I am very thorough in any information I post. ie. Hulk #377 (3rd Print) lol

OSPG has it wrong. It is Batman & Robin Adventures #8 not #5. Joker is on the cover of #5.

scan0257-3.jpg

Inaddition, I've already mentioned at the bottom of the list that Harley Quinn has cover only appearances

For example:

Batman: Gotham Adventures #1 - Harley Quinn face is beside Batman (Cover Only)

scan0271-1.jpg

Batman & Robin Adventures #17 - Harley Quinn (back) is under batman (Cover only)

scan0259.jpg

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who bought this "brick" of books from Costco 20 years ago. lol

People want to know where a large number of Batman Adventures #12 went?

Those bricks. hm

That was how DC got rid of a ton of the overstock Funeral for a Friend, Return of Superman, and Knightfall books. Along with assorted other titles that couldn't be given away.

Dang I miss those Marvel and DC "Costco Special" packs. :cloud9:

I was watching this one but was on the ice coaching my sons Peewee hockey group when it ended and missed it. $124 seems about the going ebay rate on these raw issues over the past few sales.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/350901810038?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_669wt_1399

Still 8 more currently listed on ebay. I don't think it is really all that scarce, always seems to be close to 10 copies available on ebay. I bet there will be a flood of these listed with the new high prices that high grades are fetching. Even here in the sales area there is all kinds of Harley post which is different.

Edited by kidcolt

Here it is:

And yes I'm quoting myself from a few weeks back in this very thread...

According to comiccron, whose first entry is January 1995, Batman Adventures #30 sold 44,000 copies. 32k though Diamond and 12k through Capital City. So as an educated guess the direct print run for Batman Adventures is 50k...does that sound reasonable?

Jim

Oh wow I thought it was suppose to be scarce, more then double what I expected even 50k is not really scarce. Thanks for the info

certainly not scarce. it is a book that likely had an 80-100K ciculation, perhaps more.

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who bought this "brick" of books from Costco 20 years ago. lol

People want to know where a large number of Batman Adventures #12 went?

Those bricks. hm

That was how DC got rid of a ton of the overstock Funeral for a Friend, Return of Superman, and Knightfall books. Along with assorted other titles that couldn't be given away.

Dang I miss those Marvel and DC "Costco Special" packs. :cloud9:

:whistle:

Here it is:

And yes I'm quoting myself from a few weeks back in this very thread...

According to comiccron, whose first entry is January 1995, Batman Adventures #30 sold 44,000 copies. 32k though Diamond and 12k through Capital City. So as an educated guess the direct print run for Batman Adventures is 50k...does that sound reasonable?

Jim

smiley_nah.gif

Batman Adventures #14 sold about as many copies of Valiant Reader.

Valiant Reader was around 225,000.

It's hard to see why Batman Adventures #12 wouldn't be very close to #14.

EDIT - Estimate revised to around 100,000 using other data... see link: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7101850#Post7101850