• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC booth at Wizard World St. Louis bad customer service

232 posts in this topic

Today at my local 7-11 I took my purchase, a 20 oz bottle of Green Tea, and placed it on the counter. The clerk said "99 cents".

I put a dollar on the counter, grabbed the Green Tea, and walked out.

Rude clerk. Rude customer. My day is ruined! :ohnoez:

This thread reminds me why Comics General is so awesome. :cloud9:

Customer service in the US is miles ahead of what I have experienced in Europe.

And then some ! lol

I was just in Italy and a guy kicked me out of his comic shop at two in the afternoon so he could go home and take a nap. lol

Today at my local 7-11 I took my purchase, a 20 oz bottle of Green Tea, and placed it on the counter. The clerk said "99 cents".

I put a dollar on the counter, grabbed the Green Tea, and walked out.

THE OUTRAGE!!!!!!

freakout_zps5d2fa463.gif

Dropped a book off to be graded. Very cold folks running the booth. No one was friendly, more of a "just give us money and fill out the form" attitude. Kind'a disappointed in how my transaction was handled.

Anyone else have an experience with CGC in person like this?

If this is the way it happened (and I'm not challenging what you're saying, simply giving the benefit of the doubt, as two sides can see things differently), then it's unfortunate that this is your experience with CGC at a show.

I've never had anything happen to me like this at the CGC booth. Everyone there has always been friendly and helpful, even the first time I walked up to the table, completely clueless as to what was going on. I understand what they have to go through at a show, and whereas I in no way shape or form see that as an excuse for cold behavior, it is something I've taken into consideration over time when I approach the booth to get books done.

The only advice or insight that I would give, is that if you get a chance, give it another try and see how it goes. Hey, if it happens again, the situation's made it's decision for you. But they've got some great people who work these shows, and I would bet that upon your second try, it'll be a much better experience.

this is not good customer service. The customer did not even get a thank you for your business and felt that they did not appreciate his business. So yes, that's a problem. Most everyone else who chimed in has a long relationship with cgc personnel. Being the only game in town, where else can the op go.
I agree. If things went exactly as described, I would probably feel that my business was not appreciated. Customer service is more than doing the absolute minimum to provide a service or merely managing to do so without being rude. That CGC booth is a retail experience. Just like the other booths selling goods or services that weekend. If the customer was not greeted and thanked and served with a pleasant/helpful attitude, then I would agree that it was less than an ideal interaction.

maybe it's just because I worked retail before, but simply not-rude is perfectly fine with me. Not everyone has an endless supply of awesome customer service niceness. As long as you get what I'm paying for, why get bent out of shape because your buttocks weren't kissed?

Where in what I wrote do you see me insisting that someone kiss buttocks? Rude is subjective and I construe far on the negative spectrum. But I'm not satisfied with a retail experience where the person I'm interacting with: doesn't look at me; sounds bothered to even be helping me; refuses to say hello or thank you; etc.

Unfortunately that's the kind of service I've come to generally expect in this country. "Not being rude" is a terribly low bar to have.

Sweet post, Eeyore!

FU Sadfan

Which begs the question...

My goodness....Pie in a landslide.

There's a pie for every mood.

this is not good customer service. The customer did not even get a thank you for your business and felt that they did not appreciate his business. So yes, that's a problem. Most everyone else who chimed in has a long relationship with cgc personnel. Being the only game in town, where else can the op go.
I agree. If things went exactly as described, I would probably feel that my business was not appreciated. Customer service is more than doing the absolute minimum to provide a service or merely managing to do so without being rude. That CGC booth is a retail experience. Just like the other booths selling goods or services that weekend. If the customer was not greeted and thanked and served with a pleasant/helpful attitude, then I would agree that it was less than an ideal interaction.

maybe it's just because I worked retail before, but simply not-rude is perfectly fine with me. Not everyone has an endless supply of awesome customer service niceness. As long as you get what I'm paying for, why get bent out of shape because your buttocks weren't kissed?

Where in what I wrote do you see me insisting that someone kiss buttocks? Rude is subjective and I construe far on the negative spectrum. But I'm not satisfied with a retail experience where the person I'm interacting with: doesn't look at me; sounds bothered to even be helping me; refuses to say hello or thank you; etc.

Unfortunately that's the kind of service I've come to generally expect in this country. "Not being rude" is a terribly low bar to have.

That's not surprising. The company I work for has several offices in Europe and I generally find my colleagues over there to be rude (shrug)

Sweet post, Eeyore!

FU Sadfan

He's gonna unhinge his jaw on you the next time he sees you....

redheadmonster_zpse1e4448c.gif

Sweet post, Eeyore!

FU Sadfan

He's gonna unhinge his jaw on you the next time he sees you....

redheadmonster_zpse1e4448c.gif

Sounds kinky.

And then some ! lol

Yeah, ask Joey about the person he asked for directions to our hotel in London.

Which begs the question...

My goodness....Pie in a landslide.

There's a pie for every mood.

Exactly. I already gave the correct answer once before. Pie trumps cake, unless it's ice cream cake.

And then some ! lol

Well, Joey is Italian. Not many Europeans are fond of his kind. :insane:

And then some ! lol

Well, Joey is Italian. Not many Europeans are fond of his kind. :insane:

Jealousy. :sumo:

All this hoopla because a minimum wage, table attendant forgot to say "thank you"? :facepalm:

I'd hate to see some of you in line at McDonald's.

What hoopla?

Dropped a book off to be graded. Very cold folks running the booth. No one was friendly, more of a "just give us money and fill out the form" attitude. Kind'a disappointed in how my transaction was handled.

Anyone else have an experience with CGC in person like this?

That's all this guy said.

Well, the first person I walked up to sitting right in front of a stack of submission forms told me "Oh, you need to see them over there." and pointed to the two women on the other end of the table. Nobody else was at their booth at the time.

I had one book. Just a plain old modern comic (yeah not a big pay day for CGC)

Conversation went kind of like this:

ME: "I have one book to submit."

"It'll be $33."

ME: "Do you have change for a fifty?"

"No."

ME: "Ok..."

Handed them my credit card.

"Sign here. Sign here and date here."

Signed and dated. Passed the form back.

"You forgot to sign here."

Signed and passed back.

"It'll be two to three months."

No thank you for your business. Or any close. Just really poor from a customer service standpoint.

Did you record the whole message on your iPhone or something? :insane:

I am quite positive one of the girls added something else in there you might have mistakenly forgot to mention that was more helpful than you are leading us all on to believe. I have never seen anything from them to proof over-wise.

I personally just prefer in any service I receive that it just gets done correctly. I do not need a million thank you's and over zealous service antics.

For example when I go into my Wells Fargo Bank I dread it for the simple fact they are way to fake nice with asking me how my day or weekend is going (prompted by their computer monitors). Honestly today mostly all customer service (especially toll 1-800) are prompted by their made fun of in HS managers and computer screens to ask such non-sense. All I want is to get what I need done and get out. I don't need an arse kissing event to take place.

Maybe you caught one of them in bad moment or maybe you were in a slightly bad mood at the time yourself, but I wouldn't take it personally or worry about it as much as you have by starting this thread. (shrug)