• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,981 posts in this topic

I wonder if there's any 'all covers' out there.....

A friend mentioned that he had one but I haven't seen it. He showed me enough other multiple cover copies and is quite honest that I have no reason to doubt him.

I found my first ever double cover in the wild a few weeks ago! I didn't even realize it until I was bagging and boarding it and it felt a little 'heavy'. Unfortunately, it's an Amazing Spider-man 307 in about VG condition, so not like a real score or anything.

Whatever, it's my first.

Edit to add: If I worked at a comic shop, none of the double covers or other cool errors would make it onto the shelves, as I'd be trying to get them all for myself.

Just like if I was a bank teller or cashier, I'd be trying to buy all the cool/unusual coins that come in.

Edited by mrwoogieman

It is very weird. I have bought and sold many collections probably have dealt with close to 50k books in total, and , to the best of my knowledge, never come across a single double, let alone triple cover.

whenever blissard has one listed on ebay, I give it a try for cheap, but always get way outbid

I don't mean to sound sarcastic or condescending, but usually, you need to open a comic to see for sure. I think I overlooked my triple cover one because I bought more than one copy. I only read one and stashed the rest. Back then, I didn't bag my comics individually if I had multiple copies. I would stuff as many as I could in a gold or silver age bag. It was only discovered when I took it out of the bag and it felt stiffer and heavier. Or it may be an insert (although you can tell a MJ insert without opening it up). Now that I'm re-bagging a lot of them, I've actually discovered a couple of other double covers. It's always a pleasant surprise when I find one, even if isn't worth much more.

While not as cool as the Iron Man 1, I just found this double cover while re-bagging some of my comics. This is the third one I've found since re-bagging my comics. Since reading this thread I've been more conscious of looking for multiple covers. Of course it may not be practical to look through all your comics, but it it is still exciting to discover one.

ntt14dbl_zpse1f4d6fb.jpg