• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,977 posts in this topic

I have bought at least 6000 comics of my own, read many more working at newsstands and comic shops, and I have only actually seen one multiple-cover book in my entire life - the triple-cover Wolverine I own.

:shrug:

-slym

Yea I'm not sure I've ever seen one. I wonder if I have one in my collection and didn't think much of it as a child...but that is probably doubtful.

I guess I've been lucky compared to some of you other guys. Of the 25-30 double cover issues that I have, I've managed to find most of them in comics or collections that I bought not knowing they were double covers ahead of time.

I've bought two off of the rack.

Found about 15-20 either in my collection (which is made up of purchased collections) or out in the wild, not being labeled a double cover.

I have bought at least 6000 comics of my own, read many more working at newsstands and comic shops, and I have only actually seen one multiple-cover book in my entire life - the triple-cover Wolverine I own.

:shrug:

-slym

Yea I'm not sure I've ever seen one. I wonder if I have one in my collection and didn't think much of it as a child...but that is probably doubtful.

Many of you have prolly sold them without even checking . . . lol Often, the covers are relatively inseparable - you really need to feel the weight of a book when grading it, and then inspect further. I discovered one in my collection just last week, and I am sure I had looked at the book previously. It's mate had a Mark Jewelers insert (considerably heavier) but when I was scanning them I made the "mistake" of checking them both because they both felt "heavy". :grin:

Just picked one off the new releases shelf a few months ago. Age of Ultron #1 double cover:

26a218e8-425f-4df0-ad12-b4b12f575510_zps692e1d2f.jpg

f12f6368-8c92-41ab-b63e-f27a029bdea1_zps9c1cfe84.jpg

When I first opened it, I thought that it was printed that way since it has an embossed cover (and thought the cover image was also used on the first page). But la-dee-da, it's a double cova, brotha.

Just got word from joey that my ASM #148 double cover is coming back CGC 9.6 WP :headbang:

I'll post a pic when I get it ;)

Nice.

Paging Cosmic-Spider-Man.

lol

He's already shown big interest when I first posted buying this book last year (or 2011 hm :shrug: ), but I already stated if it came back 9.6 or better I would probably hold onto it. As far as I can tell, it's the highest graded D.C. for this issue.

Edited by MR-SigS