• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,977 posts in this topic

Maybe. I think CGC grades the book based on both covers right???. If I could diminish a couple of the ticks on the outer cover I might get a 9.6. I still have never had a book pressed so maybe it wouldn't happen in the end.

It is two different covers, right?

Maybe. I think CGC grades the book based on both covers right???. If I could diminish a couple of the ticks on the outer cover I might get a 9.6. I still have never had a book pressed so maybe it wouldn't happen in the end.

2 covers all the way. Did you check the pics???

2 covers all the way. Did you check the pics???

In most cases that I'm aware of, CGC will give an overall grade of the book based on the BEST cover (not necessarily the outer cover).

Edited by Shark

This could be my imagination, but i think i had one of these too. I also think i sold it in a $1 box because i figured they were all like that. Does anyone else have a copy they could check?

Yea we should get confirmation on this...? I've seen books that have done that intentionally.

:o Did anyone else notice there are four Double Cover IRON MAN #55 on ebay right now? There is a CGC 7.5 a 8.0 a 9.2 and even a raw one the funny thing is the 9.2 listing says 1 of a Kind Item in the tital. lol should have done a quick ebay search before he listed it. This has got to be one of the more comon Double Cover comics out there, I know I have seen a few more other than these. 2c Edited by cosmic-spider-man

:) I got in one Long Box of random mixed Bronze Age Comic books in the mail today and I open them up as usual and look through each and every one of them with the hopes of maybe finding a Double Cover. I know there really is not much chance that I will find one in a single Long Box as I have been doing this for many years. I do sometimes find one but it is very rare and I have went through 10's of thousands of comics since I started selling on ebay, In fact I just recentaly bought over 50 Long boxex of randon 80's & 90's junk and only found one in all those comics. Ok back to this Long Box I got today abouit 40 or so comics in I pull out a Captain America #145 with a Double Cover :headbang: Cool I did get lucky and then maybe 10 or 15 more comics in I pull out a Kull The Conqueror #2 with a Double Cover :banana: so within the first 1/4 of the box I found 2 Double Covers so now I am thinking what are the chances of finding more, I have never found 2 double covers in the same day much less in the same box, heck I have probably never found 2 in the same month before. Well by now I am through most of the box maybe like 50 or 60 more then :o I find an Amazing Adventures #8 with Thor vs. Black Bolt on the Cover and a Double Cover and if that was not enough it had the Mark Jewelers Insert also. :whee: Well anyway I thought it was Cool I just had my best day ever by far for finding Double Covers and I only looked through one Long Box. :cloud9:

hm This really has me thinking about just how rare are Double Covers really? Maybe they were much more comon in the 70's and maybe this was the first real unsearched box I have ever went through. Mabye they are much harder to find in Newer books I know I almost never see any past the mid 90's with just a few rare examples, and maybe almost all the other boxes of comics I have bought over the years may have went through the hands of many dealers and the Double Covers got picked out. (shrug)

I would like to ask what others think about this? :gossip:

I have bought at least 6000 comics of my own, read many more working at newsstands and comic shops, and I have only actually seen one multiple-cover book in my entire life - the triple-cover Wolverine I own.

:shrug:

-slym