• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,977 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Tghutcn said:

Here’s my second double cover not a high grade copy but the covers a favourite I’m thinking about sending it in for the Roy Thomas grading even so I’ll only probably get a lower grade what do you think worth doing anyway or not 

57B96340-FD4D-436F-B4C7-3198BDA224B5.jpeg

0B5BD8AF-DA7A-444C-88CD-5DC00B390AC8.jpeg

I was admiring this in your top 10 post, that is a nice yellow cover, congrats on the double cover!

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was admiring this in your top 10 post, that is a nice yellow cover, congrats on the double cover!

Thanks I always liked the cover and when I saw a copy of it I had to buy it so a really nice surprise to find it was a double cover 

On 5/3/2021 at 3:58 PM, Tghutcn said:

Here’s my second double cover not a high grade copy but the covers a favourite I’m thinking about sending it in for the Roy Thomas grading even so I’ll only probably get a lower grade what do you think worth doing anyway or not 

57B96340-FD4D-436F-B4C7-3198BDA224B5.jpeg

0B5BD8AF-DA7A-444C-88CD-5DC00B390AC8.jpeg

You should get it signed then you have two unique things that set this book apart.

16 hours ago, iexx said:

You should get it signed then you have two unique things that set this book apart.

It’s definitely something I’ve thought about it’s that or get my double cover of amazing Spider-Man 488 signed by Romita jr and Scott Hanna

25 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Do square bound double covers exist?

Sort of. Generally the outer cover on a square bound double cover isn't actually attached because there wasn't any way for it to get glued on.  But I've seen at least one square bound treasury shown on the forums where that happened and the extra cover stayed with the book for decades.

On 6/12/2021 at 11:09 PM, Hairless Wookiee said:

I picked this double cover Wolverine #1 today! It appears to be pretty high grade. I'll be sending it in for pressing/grading soon.

IMG_20210612_171042_779.jpg

Spectacular find and appears high grade from the photo! Congrats!