• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,977 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, comicgal said:

Have this one in my collection... Micronauts #1 - haven't been able to find another one out there. Wondering if anyone has seen  one like  this for sale and what it is selling  for?  I think I'll get it graded and sell it but I'm having trouble pricing it...  Thanks for any input! 

IMG_6057.jpg

Whitman Variant, a bit less valuable than original copies.  But, double cover, so..

On 9/13/2021 at 3:25 PM, RustyStaples said:

Was just about to list this on eBay in a run of spideys and I noticed barely peeking out that second cover!  Does it look legitimate?  The second cover is loose and not attached. 

D7D3875D-58FC-473B-9A0A-B4CADFFBB5BD.jpeg

CCA0334F-0B97-41AE-B99F-569BB1B12660.jpeg

It’s legit in that that’s what happens with double covers on squarebound books like that - they’re always loose. But no idea if CGC will grade it since it’s loose.

On 9/13/2021 at 7:09 PM, OtherEric said:

It’s legit in that that’s what happens with double covers on squarebound books like that - they’re always loose. But no idea if CGC will grade it since it’s loose.

Yup, they will grade it.

With squarebound books, the cover is glued to the book.  In this case the outer cover didn't get glued on.