• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,978 posts in this topic

Also, since I have a few other books I am considering sending off to CGC, I'd like opinions from all about the worthiness of this book being included in a submission. The front cover is an easy 9.8, can't see the other two being worse either.

Thanks in advance.

-slym

Also, since I have a few other books I am considering sending off to CGC, I'd like opinions from all about the worthiness of this book being included in a submission. The front cover is an easy 9.8, can't see the other two being worse either.

Thanks in advance.

-slym

(thumbs u

That is a yes?

:)

-slym

Yes, that is a yes.

The only major disadvantage of getting CGC to grade and slab a double cover is (like being unable to see the interior of a regular book) you can't see the inner cover. However, you get all the advantages of a CGC slab including a terrific way to store a really nice book PLUS the authentication that there has not been any "book doctoring" going on in terms of marrying the covers. I collect double covers of several runs and have only been taken a couple of times.

It is a pi$$er though when you get one back like this "double cover". :mad::censored::mad:

scan0001-1_zps35ed8abb.jpg

1) no picture - "this person moved or deleted this image"

2) I am a person that thinks slabbing a book is only neccessary if it is being put up for sale. If I want to protect and possibly display a comic, I will buy the 4-mil Mylars and Fullback acid-buffered boards.

-slym

EIGHT covers :acclaim::acclaim::devil:

361cgc99.jpg

Get that junk out of here.

You get any crazy offers for that yet? You need to consign it over to one of the big auction houses.

quad cover 9.8 hulk 340 went for $1,500 a couple of years back, so i think this one might be around $2,000... gotta edit that- forgot how crazy people get for that extra 0.1 point. they sky's the limit!

Edited by porky

LMAO @ Brendan

Haven't decided what I want to do with it just yet.....she sure is perty though...lol

the other 9.9 (Blue label) sold on CC for 2700.00 though :D

P.S. Everything going good down in KY?

Yeah things are going great. Not a fan of any of the LCS they don't really seem to order much of anything Image related so no love when it comes to speculating locally.

With what the 9.9 went for on CC I wouldn't be shocked if you could get $3K+ out of your copy. That would be one hell of a return on investment.

1) no picture - "this person moved or deleted this image"

2) I am a person that thinks slabbing a book is only neccessary if it is being put up for sale. If I want to protect and possibly display a comic, I will buy the 4-mil Mylars and Fullback acid-buffered boards.

-slym

Weird, the picture comes up for me.

EIGHT covers :acclaim::acclaim::devil:

361cgc99.jpg

Get that junk out of here.

You get any crazy offers for that yet? You need to consign it over to one of the big auction houses.

quad cover 9.8 hulk 340 went for $1,500 a couple of years back, so i think this one might be around $2,000... gotta edit that- forgot how crazy people get for that extra 0.1 point. they sky's the limit!

That must be super thick book.

This is real nice Fantastic Four double cover. Like X-Men 202 it is one of the issues where I have seen more than one double cover.

CGC described the double cover but forgot to put "Double Cover" on the front or the top label.

scan0024_zps8846f87e.jpg