• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

And I too have recently been exposed to the "other " side, mainly due to this forum..

Being a mostly Marvel Fan for years.. I now have the honor to discover many new DC titles.... and I am loving it. cloud9.gif

Welcome to the dark side! DCs rool okay! headbang.gif

I wish I could show some new pedigree DCs, but I haven't bought any in ages. frown.gif

Edited by tth2

yeah.. I see the indents now.. that #162 still looks nice, are corners are good as they appear in scan?

I know scans are not huge.. but it still looks nice..

I say 9.2 sumo.gif

Could you have not just let me hold onto my dream that it had razor sharp corners for a little while longer? sorry.gif

Oh but wait!! , are not the flaws made worse by larger scans?

I now have a headache...send it in will ya.. then post what it gets.. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hi.gif

Great books Brad. thumbsup2.gif

A pedigree is a pedigree, and I would rather see a beautiful SA pedigree than none at all.

If anyone wants to step up with some new acquisitions of GA pedigree books, we would love to see them. grin.gif

hopefully i'm not repeating myself here. (i know i posted this one or two other times, but not on this thread).

this is 'Tec #33 from the Twilight collection. graded apparent 7.5 with slight Professional restoration. cream to off-white pages. this comic hit the stands just over 65 years ago!!!!!! (and, as everyone knows, it contains the first told origin of Batman - and in this classic cover, Bat's is packing Heat!!.) cloud9.gif

1095540319018_Tec_33_and_marvel_4.jpg

Great books Brad. thumbsup2.gif

A pedigree is a pedigree, and I would rather see a beautiful SA pedigree than none at all.

If anyone wants to step up with some new acquisitions of GA pedigree books, we would love to see them. grin.gif

hopefully i'm not repeating myself here. (i know i posted this one or two other times, but not on this thread).

this is 'Tec #33 from the Twilight collection. graded apparent 7.5 with slight Professional restoration. cream to off-white pages. this comic hit the stands just over 65 years ago!!!!!! (and, as everyone knows, it contains the first told origin of Batman - and in this classic cover, Bat's is packing Heat!!.) cloud9.gif

1095540319018_Tec_33_and_marvel_4.jpg

cloud9.gif

Hey your MF86 is missing from my list of Church books. I wonder how it was graded...gossip.gif

Anyway nice books! I like that Det 33 also, haven't heard anything about Twilight pedigree before.

Hey your MF86 is missing from my list of Church books. I wonder how it was graded...gossip.gif

Anyway nice books! I like that Det 33 also, haven't heard anything about Twilight pedigree before.

me niether, except the seller referenced it as the "infamous" Twilight Pedigree. i now realize that i have pedigrees from a small number of collections. i never even paid any attention before. i'm SO glad i grabbed that 'tec 33 - it's such a classic book........ cloud9.gif

the Twilights are a very high grade collection that had a Batman, Detective, Worlds Finest runs plus other books. (theres been a description of it on the boards. They were all very tight and flat and looked unread. But when they were brought to market by Metro, 4Color and I think Showcase they were extremely high priced because they had to pay so much. Many of the books had a tanning to the inside covers and the pages werent exactly white... so many other dealers and collectors pooh-poohed the collection, which affected its reputation to this day.

But many of the Tecs and Bats have been graded and come back as 9.4s (Metro has a few for sale now that I noticed a while back) The ones I have seen are really impressive.

Just won this on Ebay a minute ago.....

spiderman150.jpg

"Pacific Coast" wasn't noted in the title, and I just happened to catch the auction in the last 15 minutes. It's only OW pages, but you can't beat the QP on PC's. yay.gif

I need a little help on this thread for the next few days. I promise to show some very nice Silver-Age pedigree books, but since I haven't made the down payment yet (but have the books), I don't feel like I own them yet.

Anybody got anything new?

I have fond memories of buying that book off the newstands....when I had just gotten hooked on Marvel! Really nice copy!

PS....I am currently updating the scans attached to my Avengers registry set, and also noting which issues are pedigree books in the set description. Should be done in a couple of days,... this way someone can go right to the 50% of the books in the set that are indeed pedigrees.