• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Case Opened Against Me?!?!

424 posts in this topic

Buyer's translation: I found the book for less and :cry: I want my money back.

A lot less. There's a guy selling a stack of them for $55 less each.

He might be fishing for a discount. Offer him $10 bucks back or return for full refund.

+1

Then block this chump from your auctions.

I might see if they'll accept a partial refund then. I'm waiting on them to respond now.

Tell them to pound sand and send it back, and get a scanner so your next auction has clear photos to leave no doubt to what the buyer is getting.

I recently sold a CGC 9.8 comic on ebay. The buyer received the comic literally minutes ago and opened a case against me. Is the comic damaged? No. Was the shipping time too long? No. The response from the buyer was:

"Hello, I received the book today and I'm a little disappointed you didn't mention it wasn't centered. The picture in the listing is deceiving. I would like to resolve this. Any suggestions?"

Could anybody tell me what the heck this even means?!?! The picture in the listing WAS THE CGC GRADED COMIC THEY RECEIVED!

Sometimes a book will move inside the inner well during shipping - which means that it could, in fact, be almost diagonal inside the inner well.

If the buyer puts the book on its side, and gently taps the edge against a flat surface, he should be able to get the book straight again.

I don't think that's what this is Mike.

He sold this copy for $145. Since then a bunch of copies have sold for $100 and one guy's got a stack for $90.

This is straight up, no doubt, buyer's remorse. He's making mess up to try and get out of the deal because he thinks he overpaid.

There's nothing wrong with that book, but there might be with the buyer's ethics set.

Quite possibly.

I'm just saying that if I hadn't purchased CGC books before and received one in the mail where the book was severely tilted in the slab, I'd be puzzled as well.

I accepted their offer of $123 plus $12 shipping. It wasn't the full $145, but it was still more than the ones up now.

I accepted their offer of $123 plus $12 shipping. It wasn't the full $145, but it was still more than the ones up now.

He is going to want a substantial refund to make this fit his expectations. I'm counting on that response, as much as I hate to say it.

But I hope I am wrong.

He is going to want a substantial refund to make this fit his expectations. I'm counting on that response, as much as I hate to say it.

But I hope I am wrong.

I asked for pictures of the comic not being centered, and they said they would send pictures through the e-mail I used for Paypal? The buyer is out of his/her mind.

This is an unfortunate situation. You are most likely correct in your assumption that the presence of other, less expensive, auctions may be presenting a case of buyer's remorse. However, Ebay has become a marketplace geared towards attracting buyers and large volume sellers. As such, even with your "no refunds" stance the buyer still has a litany of complaints to fall back on if they wish to renege on the transaction. Since Ebay now places full responsibility on the seller to have the item arrive safely, even if the comic shifted in place you would unfortunately be held liable for its ultimate delivery.

Your best option is, as a few others have suggested, to accept a full refund so as to not risk a negative. The tricky part will be negotiating payment of the original shipping charges. If the buyer is as annoying as they are presented to be, they will be looking for a full 100% refund with original shipping included.

The only recommendation I could possibly make from my 15 years experience on Ebay would be to provide multiple pictures in high resolution, including off-site storage so that they can be viewed full-size without the constraints of Ebay's zoom feature. Additionally, presenting any and all discrepancies, even minute shelf wear that is only visible at extreme closeups, will allow you to advertise the item graded in a far more conservative manner so as to dissuage extremely "anal" collectors.

Been there done that. He's looking for you to send him just enough money back where it's not worth your time to do a return. Tell him to send it back. When you get it, return his money minus shipping. I've been getting more and more sales like this because sellers can't leave feedback anymore. There is a good chance he'll counter when you flat out tell him to return it.

This. Offer a refund and tell him to pound sand.

Chase, I feel your pain and think the buyer simply has buyer's remorse and is fishing for a partial. At this point, even though I am against partials, there are some circumstances that make it worthwhile. If you fully refund him, you've lost shipping costs. You have the slab back but according to other posters, it's worth much less now. What's the point of continuing this? Wasting more time?

Buyer can leave you a neg, if not made happy.

You have to admit.... You put one single crappy picture in the auction. Ebay allows you twelve. Ebay will look at your listing and decide your intention was to deceive. Or just plain laziness.

This is one of those times you cut your losses and move on. This a common modern, hot for the moment, but getting colder as we speak.

My 2c

Clearly the buyer is trying to get his money back so he can buy it now for $89.99 on ebay. his off center BS is just a stupid way to get out of this deal. offer him nothing nor work with the spoon.

I would contact ebay and tell them that there cant be off centering problems. because there is none. its graded. I would tell ebay folks that the spoon is trying to get his money back because some other ebayer as of today is offering one for $89.99

The deal is done. You as a seller got that price, he paid you, You shipped. he has the item now. end of story.

I am adding the fool to my ebay block list.

In what world was TWD #108 ever worth $145? Dude bought into the hype and seller price gouged. Chalk it up as some of the perils of flipping comics. It happened this time and it'll happen again.

There are a lot of people who purchased for more than what the buyer paid me. Check out the completed auctions.

Interesting!

I'm checking the buyer's account that was kindly shared with me (it's for Chase to determine if he wants to share this with the wider forum). He sure knows comics, as he has been selling Peter Panzerfaust books for $200-$300. So this isn't some poor, inexperienced comic collector.

This is buyer regret!

Yeah, a month ago.

But according to that other thread walking dead prices only rise and will do so forever and ever, in his name we pray. lol