• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Case Opened Against Me?!?!

424 posts in this topic

Take better pics of what you are offering. Your pic sucks.

Secondly. Go through Ebay and tell him to return the item for a full refund, of the purchase price.

With you offering a full refund, you either get the book back and you start over. Or Ebay will recognize your attempt to do a refund. How can Ebay or PalPay argue with that?

Far as I know, they can't. But I haven't sold on Ebay in quite awhile.

Nothing wrong with selling on Ebay, as long as you understand the potential pitfalls and plan for them in advance.

Anticipate.

Clearly the buyer is trying to get his money back so he can buy it now for $89.99 on ebay. his off center BS is just a stupid way to get out of this deal. offer him nothing nor work with the spoon.

I would contact ebay and tell them that there cant be off centering problems. because there is none. its graded. I would tell ebay folks that the spoon is trying to get his money back because some other ebayer as of today is offering one for $89.99

The deal is done. You as a seller got that price, he paid you, You shipped. he has the item now. end of story.

I am adding the fool to my ebay block list.

Exactly! F this guy,give him nothing.

This is why I don't sell comics,just don't have time to deal with jagoffs like this.

Buyer's remorse, plain and simple. You did everything right, just because he opened a case, doesn't mean he's going to win it. What bug's me about eBay now is that a seller can't leave a negitive anymore. So it just makes buyers look good.

HOLD THE PRESS !!!!!!

The spoon buyer as of today made a clain againest you just bought one for $89.95

here the link: and I believe the seller is a boardie. I contact the seller and give him the heads up maybe his copies will be off center hm

link to sold item as of today check out the buyer on it to confirm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-108-CGC-9-8-FIRST-APPEARANCE-OF-EZEKIEL-/300895267719?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item460ec16b87

I don't think seller "price gouged." First to market is all. Buyer's remorse is the deal.

In what world was TWD #108 ever worth $145? Dude bought into the hype and seller price gouged. Chalk it up as some of the perils of flipping comics. It happened this time and it'll happen again.

HOLD THE PRESS !!!!!!

The spoon buyer as of today made a clain againest you just bought one for $89.95

here the link: and I believe the seller is a boardie. I contact the seller and give him the heads up maybe his copies will be off center hm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-108-CGC-9-8-FIRST-APPEARANCE-OF-EZEKIEL-/300895267719?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item460ec16b87

The only buyer listed under "sold" isn't the person who purchased mine.

Are all the posters that are saying F this guy not caring about chase getting negged?

Chase, see. what. he. wants. first. (what will make him happy?)

Tell him you apologize for the crappy picture and ask him what he considers to be 5 star customer service from you. Then decide if what he says is worthwhile to you. He may "only" want $50 to feel good. I know it's extortion, but sometimes not refunding "$50" is not worth the aggravation. You are losing money on this scumbag no matter what. Think about saving your seller status at this point.

Then block him. And let everyone know who the person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed is so we can make sure to block him also. If your buyer wants to be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, he can be punished by being blocked from many of us honest sellers.

HOLD THE PRESS !!!!!!

Yeah, I just checked his bidding activity, and it doesn't appear to be him. But let's see.

HOLD THE PRESS !!!!!!

Yeah, I just checked his bidding activity, and it doesn't appear to be him. But let's see.

He's probably my waiting on the refund from this book to pay for that one. lol

Are all the posters that are saying F this guy not caring about chase getting negged?

Chase, see. what. he. wants. first. (what will make him happy?)

Tell him you apologize for the crappy picture and ask him what he considers to be 5 star customer service from you. Then decide if what he says is worthwhile to you. He may "only" want $50 to feel good. I know it's extortion, but sometimes not refunding "$50" is not worth the aggravation. You are losing money on this scumbag no matter what. Think about saving your seller status at this point.

Then block him. And let everyone know who the person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed is so we can make sure to block him also. If your buyer wants to be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, he can be punished by being blocked from many of us honest sellers.

Great advice. (thumbs u Plus if you wanna be considered a 5 Star seller ya gotta except returns.

The buyer said they tried to even it out, but they're scared of breaking the case or the seal trying again...
Even it out? You mean the book is uneven in the case, and not the comic? Puleease! doh!

Boardie or not, you should out him so we can block.

I've overpaid for stuff before only to have it go down later. Th honorable thing is to eat it and don't get so trigger happy next time.

Raw 108's are still regularly selling for double cover. Not every sale but most of them.

The buyer said they tried to even it out, but they're scared of breaking the case or the seal trying again...
Even it out? You mean the book is uneven in the case, and not the comic? Puleease! doh!

No, the buyer evening things out is buying an $89 copy yesterday.

What a dirtbag!

And now I know why that isn't him that bought that book. He bought one for $89 just yesterday.

So is that the guy who purchased mine? What should I do?

Point this out to Ebay immediately. Call them!

This guy is having buyer remorse because he just got the book for much less. But I have my fears how this is going to end. And definitely be careful what you say to the buyer, as he can easily neg you and it will be tough to do anything about it.

And now I know why that isn't him that bought that book. He bought one for $89 just yesterday.

So is that the guy who purchased mine? What should I do?

And that is him.

If you do an Advanced Search and go under Bidder, it will show what they purchased. I can see when he bought your book, and I can see when he bought that $89 one.