• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

If anyone needs a first issue feel free to PM all pick you one up. My LCS has about 20 copies currently.

You should pick one up for yourself. The art and story are top notch imo.

It reads like its written for D&D and LOTR fans. D&D hasn't been my thing since I was a kid. (BTW I played the Marvel Super Heroes game instead.) I read it and passed. It doesn't appeal to me, but I will admit I liked it a lot more the PP especially the art.

If anyone needs a first issue feel free to PM all pick you one up. My LCS has about 20 copies currently.

You should pick one up for yourself. The art and story are top notch imo.

It reads like its written for D&D and LOTR fans. D&D hasn't been my thing since I was a kid. (BTW I played the Marvel Super Heroes game instead.) I read it and passed. It doesn't appeal to me, but I will admit I liked it a lot more the PP especially the art.

Never played the Marvel game but loved Traveller which I think is now GURPS Traveller and AD&D. Great weekends with great friends. It was a blast...from the past lol

Not gonna lie - I didn't care much for issue 1, but I bought #2 anyway & read it last night ... and it was effing good. There were a few legit lol moments and the character development is already at a high level for the 2nd issue. I'll re-read #1 again after the first arc & I'm sure I'll enjoy it more.

Bravo Kurtis, I'm on board.

Roc was on Vescell - I believe that was his last project. Roc also handles the colors. My understanding is that Meg is not involved with the book from a creative standpoint. Not exactly sure what her specific role is (or was). Was she credited on issue 2..?

Roc was on Vescell - I believe that was his last project. Roc also handles the colors. My understanding is that Meg is not involved with the book from a creative standpoint. Not exactly sure what her specific role is (or was). Was she credited on issue 2..?

No I actually saw her name in the thread title so I made an assumption. Thanks for the info on Vescell. I will try to track it down.

The print run on #2 was only 14,000 or I'm guessing 7000 of each cover. This is a great book and I am guessing if people want both covers, 7000 will not be enough. Time will tell.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/30/sell-outs-statistics-and-second-prints-letter-44-imagine-agents-ash-and-the-army-of-darkness-sex-criminals-and-rat-queens/