• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

25,000 is not large

but it helped it sell out immediately

and more impressive the print run is way way larger than Wiebe's last ongoing series Peter Panzerfaust which has NEVER had a print run that high even after 14 issues

This isn't the mid 90s - a 25k print run for a new indie title is actually above-average. To be honest, I'm surprised - I didn't think it would go above 15k, but I guess the speculators went out in force on this one.

Beat me to it. The 25K print run will be interesting when we see the print run for issue 2.

25,000 is not large

but it helped it sell out immediately

and more impressive the print run is way way larger than Wiebe's last ongoing series Peter Panzerfaust which has NEVER had a print run that high even after 14 issues

This isn't the mid 90s - a 25k print run for a new indie title is actually above-average. To be honest, I'm surprised - I didn't think it would go above 15k, but I guess the speculators went out in force on this one.

Did you get any Mikey :baiting:

I bought 1 :acclaim:

Too many eyes on this book and too much of a niche target market for it to be worth speculating on.

^^

Has anyone else read all the people in here buying large amounts of multiple copies?

Edited by Fastballspecial

By the mere fact you're saying this comic isn't worth speculating on, you're speculating.

In the words of the great Geddy Lee, .." If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.." ...aw who am I trying to kid, Geddy sang them, Neil Peart wrote them.

By the mere fact you're saying this comic isn't worth speculating on, you're speculating.

In the words of the great Geddy Lee, .." If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.." ...aw who am I trying to kid, Geddy sang them, Neil Peart wrote them.

:headbang:

Edited by krighton

I hope to read issue 1 this weekend. Wish I had the chance to get the staples cover. Is this better than peter panzerfaust?

Be honest. lol

Apples and oranges.

Better story? Probably not.

More comedic? Absolutely.

I think it speaks to Wiebe's range as a writer.

Understand that it's apples and oranges. I'm reffering to quality wise. Art and writing?

OK, so...announcements for NYCC:

First of all, there is an exclusive sketch variant of Rat Queens #1 (I think the print run is 500, but I'm not certain, so will need confirmation from Kurtis or Image, etc). Roc will be doing sketch cover commissions (single character in inks, and possibly a bit of color if he is feeling frisky). Sketch cover commissions will be $100, and this includes the cost of the blank. Kurtis will also be selling blanks solo, but I'm not sure of the price just yet.

In addition, we will also have a limited edition signed art prints of each of the first five regular covers of Rat Queens. Each print is 11" x 17", full color on semi-gloss stock, numbered in an edition of only 30. Each print is $20, or you can buy the set of 5 for $80. Here are pics of the prints:

Roc01_zps3facb2bd.jpg

Roc02_zpsf7c27e21.jpg

Roc03_zps12f16023.jpg

Roc04_zps622d1a2e.jpg

Roc05_zps9d5666b6.jpg

Finally...there will be two special CGC SS signings at the CGC booth, featuring Kurtis, Roc, and Tyler Jenkins. So...you can get your PP books and your Rat Queens books all signed at the same time! Signings are currently scheduled for Friday (2pm - 3pm), and Saturday (5pm - 6pm).

Signatures are $5 each, and remark sketches are also available for an additional $10.

Tyler, Kurtis, and Roc will also be signing throughout the weekend for free at the Comiconart booth (Artist's Alley, tables Q10-Q13), but they will *ONLY* be signing raw books at the CCA tables. The *ONLY* way to get books signed for SS is to attend one of the two scheduled signings at the CGC booth.

Just let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks, Court

Edited by jjeanius