• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

Are you talking about the one shot artist or the regular artist

The one shot.

The one shot was by a fill-in artist (Tess Fowler). Tess is *NOT* the new regular artist on Rat Queens (that would be Stjepan Sejic). His first issue will be #9 (out next).

I'm probably the only person who didn't realize there was a Cover B to the Braga Special, but I was at my LCS today and was quite surprised to see one.

All of the promotional material I saw only showed Tess Fowler's regular cover. Her cover does not say Cover A on it as far as I can see. I also didn't see any discussion of a variant cover here, or on the Rat Queens Facebook page.

Of course, I'm sure retailers and people who buy Previews were aware of the second cover. It was also mentioned in the Image solicit for the issue (though not, I think, actually pictured), and Bleeding Cool did a blurb about it as well.

But it was news to me. I assume that the second cover wasn't given more hype because it was done by Roc Upchurch, and given the controversy surrounding his exit from the title, they probably didn't want to make a big deal about him having this new (and last?) Rat Queens item.

I'm wondering if Cover B might have been under ordered as a result of this? Given that it's a continuation of the character portrait series Roc did for the variant covers for #2-5, this might be in some demand by fans trying to complete that set - if, unlike me, they even know it exists.

Roc's Cover B for the Braga Special #1:

Image-53-600x929.jpg