• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four reboot is already screwed up...

1,093 posts in this topic

Mega-butt-Hertz.

:grin:

-slym

It's the age-old tale.

Boy creates comic. Boy sells idea to Hollywood. Boy watches movie and sees differences. Boy enjoys movie because for the most part, the movie delivers his ideas.

And more important. A few go nuts, and take it personal when many feel okay with that approach. You are right, slym. Mega butt-hurt.

Many years ago I went to a concert with a mate, his favourite band but he'd never seen them live.

After it finished I asked him what he thought - his reply:

"It was OK - not as good as on vinyl though."

Yes it was that long ago. lol

Many years ago I went to a concert with a mate, his favourite band but he'd never seen them live.

After it finished I asked him what he thought - his reply:

"It was OK - not as good as on vinyl though."

Yes it was that long ago. lol

loldoh!

Mega-butt-Hertz.

-slym

It's the age-old tale.

Boy creates comic. Boy sells idea to Hollywood. Boy watches movie and sees differences. Boy enjoys movie because for the most part, the movie delivers his ideas.

And more important. A few go nuts, and take it personal when many feel okay with that approach. You are right, slym. Mega butt-hurt.

Bosco makes the most sense....again! (worship) Not only has he been delivering smiles across the World since 1928 with his wonderful syrups and milk chocolate bars but he is also the one with the most thoughtful and calm, level headed answers in the mad, crazy, lawless realm of the CGC Boards. Do I hear a Presidential nomintion? Hmmm....

I leave you with a sample of Nick's favorite Seinfeld episode....

Mega-butt-Hertz.

-slym

It's the age-old tale.

Bosco makes the most sense....again! (worship) Not only has he been delivering smiles across the World since 1928 with his wonderful syrups and milk chocolate bars but he is also the one with the most thoughtful and calm, level headed answers in the mad, crazy, lawless realm of the CGC Boards. Do I hear a Presidential nomintion? Hmmm....

lol

(worship)

Mega-butt-Hertz.

-slym

It's the age-old tale.

lol

(worship)

:acclaim:

Mega-butt-Hertz.

-slym

It's the age-old tale.

lol

(worship)

awesome!! (worship)

Mega-butt-Hertz.

-slym

It's the age-old tale.

lol

(worship)

:headbang:

Mega-butt-Hertz.

It's the age-old tale.

:jokealert:

:facepalm:

-slym

Mega-butt-Hertz.

It's the age-old tale.

:jokealert:

:facepalm:

-slym

:gossip: I know.

:hi:

Have you seen The Incredibles?

I have... what's your point?

Wow, is that an act?

So, you have no point? Are you presuming that the mere existence of "The Incredibles" somehow validates a point you have yet to make?

Because The Incredibles was basically a retelling of the FF?

Was it? I don't remember it being set in the Marvel Universe, for starters... hm

Does it just take four people with superpowers to constitute a "retelling" of the FF story for you? If so, you should have no problem with a black Human Torch...

Yes, I don't understand this either. If Logan somehow managed to become enamored with all of the changes that the Incredibles made to the Fantastic Four and views it as "basically a retelling of the FF," why would he have such a problem with the minor change of Johnny Storm's race? I rather agree with him that the Incredibles is a great FF-like story--yet if you can enjoy that, what the heck does it really matter if they change something as minor as Johnny Storm's race?

Still thinking that changing Johnny's race is SIGNIFICANTLY less minor to some people than others. hm

So you have no problem if they make his character a homosexual as well?

Wow, you're just bigoted in every conceivable way, aren't you?

Wow, is that an act?

So, you have no point? Are you presuming that the mere existence of "The Incredibles" somehow validates a point you have yet to make?

Was it? I don't remember it being set in the Marvel Universe, for starters... hm

Does it just take four people with superpowers to constitute a "retelling" of the FF story for you? If so, you should have no problem with a black Human Torch...

Yes, I don't understand this either. If Logan somehow managed to become enamored with all of the changes that the Incredibles made to the Fantastic Four and views it as "basically a retelling of the FF," why would he have such a problem with the minor change of Johnny Storm's race? I rather agree with him that the Incredibles is a great FF-like story--yet if you can enjoy that, what the heck does it really matter if they change something as minor as Johnny Storm's race?

Still thinking that changing Johnny's race is SIGNIFICANTLY less minor to some people than others. hm

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Wow, is that an act?

You have no clue what you're talking about.

You should feel lucky, it's only your first time. I've been called racist three times and against family (?) once :screwy: Plus I've endured passive aggressive lobs thrown my way and had to suffer being lied about constantly.