• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four reboot is already screwed up...

1,093 posts in this topic

Keep it original, making the Torch black is a stupid idea plain and simple. Marvel seems to want to make a statement with every movie. Electro, Kinkpin, alicia (don't think she was originally black??), and now this. Don't really have a problem with these but the FF family story dynamics have been in place for 60 plus years?

Nope not Marvel. 20th Century Fox and SONY own all those. Marvel Studios/Disney can't touch these characters for their own films. Nick Fury they just went with the actual Ultimate version which Marvel has in fact been doing alot in their studios films. I don't really care for all the use of the Ultimate stuff. Fury doesn't bug me but I question how great the Ultimate stuff really is considering it all basicslly went defunct in less than a decade.

What a hateful thread.

People going at each other that I would have never expected. Then some claiming they are lied about when they are clearly telling people they are less of a fan (if at all) if they don't expect 100% of the source material to be followed. Now cursing, mixed in with the repeat claims of racism?

NOBODY is gaining ground here in this thread, no matter who thinks they are. It started with a negative theme, and it maintains that same nasty theme.

This thread needs to go away, or fall back into history. We'd all be better off for it.

I'd be better off if you didn't regularly throw passive aggressive lobs my way, lie about me and what I say to suit your whacko agenda and then play deer in the headlights innocent.

(thumbs u

Why does everyone like to say "passive aggressive" around here?

What a hateful thread.

People going at each other that I would have never expected. Then some claiming they are lied about when they are clearly telling people they are less of a fan (if at all) if they don't expect 100% of the source material to be followed. Now cursing, mixed in with the repeat claims of racism?

NOBODY is gaining ground here in this thread, no matter who thinks they are. It started with a negative theme, and it maintains that same nasty theme.

This thread needs to go away, or fall back into history. We'd all be better off for it.

I'd be better off if you didn't regularly throw passive aggressive lobs my way, lie about me and what I say to suit your whacko agenda and then play deer in the headlights innocent.

(thumbs u

Why does everyone like to say "passive aggressive" around here?

What exactly are you insinuating with this statement? :P

This thread has gotten wildly out of control since my first post.

All I meant was that I wanted to see the FF that I grew up with. The stories that made the FF endure are great...why screw with them to make a movie?

The fact that people cried racism is just sad to me.

Peace,

Chip

Ahhhh. A nice day at the North Carolina beach yesterday made for a relaxing time.

What a hateful thread.

(thumbs u

First off, this was posted during a debate taking place between Slym, Chuck Gower and dupont2005, and the mod on duty was blowing away posts rather quickly. But you responding proves the trolling thing was a lie as even the other day when Bio-Rupp and I were having a discussion you had to jump in the middle with a emoticon. So please stop lying about being trolled.

Now, you also made mention again people are constantly lying about you. Yet if you read how you respond to others in this thread (and other threads) about comic books converted to movies, it is quite aggressive at times. Telling people their idea is wrong, or they are less of a fan because they don't follow your way of thinking, is what caused most of this friction. And you have clearly said I am hardly (if at all) a fan if I believe it is okay to modify original source material.

Playing the victim? No. That's not me. You wear that actor's suit with pride with your "troll" comments. Or better yet. When you were having a debate with Bio-Rupp, and rather than have a healthy discourse with different views, you had to get the upper hand by tossing out he should learn how to pack comic books before posting. What the heck did that have to do with anything in the discussion? And a few board members like Roy even asked you to clarify further if you are going to toss something out like that, and you never did. Even Bio-Rupp asked for details, as if something had gone wrong with the one order you placed with him he wanted to correct the issue. Again, no real details or comments of substance.

You just cannot take the fact people have different views on something, and take it personal. So drop the victim status and you will see those different views going much smoother. Even Flaming Telepath tried to reason with you, and figured out you were taking this stuff personal.

So, (1) you are not being trolled - you are doing the trolling, and (2) you are taking the topic of comic book movie portrayal way too serious. When we were going back and forth between our posts early on, I was okay with kidding over the topic. Even when you told me I was hardly a fan, if at all, because I was okay with some modifications to characters and stories. It is when you then posted you hate me that I realized you were going overboard with these discussions. "Hate" is a pretty serious word to use, and had no reason to be posted.

Sorry, but you may need help with your emotions and reasoning.

I can only go by my own experiences. No girls I've dated have had any problem with it.

Labeling someone as "emotionally retarded" for a harmless hobby is "emotionally retarded" in itself.

It completely depends on the total package and who's looking at it. I've never dated anyone that my collecting comics or playing video games was a deal-breaker for either, but if I looked nerdier or acted geekier, comics would just be another strike against me to most women who aren't nerdy themselves. But if you're otherwise a similar or greater catch than the girl, it won't matter much or at all. My current girlfriend would rather me not be into comics, games, and sci-fi because she hates all of it, but hey, it's a burden she bears to enjoy the benefits of all my other graces. :angel::juggle:

Ahhhh. A nice day at the North Carolina beach yesterday made for a relaxing time.

What a hateful thread.

(thumbs u

First off, this was posted during a debate taking place between Slym, Chuck Gower and dupont2005, and the mod on duty was blowing away posts rather quickly. But you responding proves the trolling thing was a lie as even the other day when Bio-Rupp and I were having a discussion you had to jump in the middle with a emoticon. So please stop lying about being trolled.

Now, you also made mention again people are constantly lying about you. Yet if you read how you respond to others in this thread (and other threads) about comic books converted to movies, it is quite aggressive at times. Telling people their idea is wrong, or they are less of a fan because they don't follow your way of thinking, is what caused most of this friction. And you have clearly said I am hardly (if at all) a fan if I believe it is okay to modify original source material.

Playing the victim? No. That's not me. You wear that actor's suit with pride with your "troll" comments. Or better yet. When you were having a debate with Bio-Rupp, and rather than have a healthy discourse with different views, you had to get the upper hand by tossing out he should learn how to pack comic books before posting. What the heck did that have to do with anything in the discussion? And a few board members like Roy even asked you to clarify further if you are going to toss something out like that, and you never did. Even Bio-Rupp asked for details, as if something had gone wrong with the one order you placed with him he wanted to correct the issue. Again, no real details or comments of substance.

You just cannot take the fact people have different views on something, and take it personal. So drop the victim status and you will see those different views going much smoother. Even Flaming Telepath tried to reason with you, and figured out you were taking this stuff personal.

So, (1) you are not being trolled - you are doing the trolling, and (2) you are taking the topic of comic book movie portrayal way too serious. When we were going back and forth between our posts early on, I was okay with kidding over the topic. Even when you told me I was hardly a fan, if at all, because I was okay with some modifications to characters and stories. It is when you then posted you hate me that I realized you were going overboard with these discussions. "Hate" is a pretty serious word to use, and had no reason to be posted.

Casey... you should really listen to what Nick and the others are trying to tell you.

I've pretty much left it alone just to sit back and see what is really going on and one thing is evident, your posts are not being made to help or fuel discussion, but to instigate responses. This is going on in, more or less three threads at a time.

It is PAINFULLY evident that you instigating people on purpose every time you run back to the Locked Thread Points challenge thread to gloat of your accomplishments.

Even the Locked Thread boys know its getting out of hand when they post things like this a few weeks back... (many thanks to Slym for capturing this post before it was deleted by it's poster).

Okay, allow myself to explain myself.

If there's a lot of heat from the mods, people getting strikes/warnings, threads getting locked, and now worry about this thread getting locked, then let's not blah blah blah in this thread, just let it sit where it is. Bumping it to the top, constantly, with blah blah blah, will just be keeping this thread fresh in the mind of the mods.

Will they lock it? I don't know, I hope not. Can they? Well, absolutely.

I'm not the ambassador for this thread, or game, I just started it, and no one else has ever updated it, despite my pleas. So, when I bump the score once again, it should be taken as a "please shut up and stop posting in this thread" signal. I did that, and no one here (obviously) knew what I meant.

Carry on.....in some other thread, please.

Casey... you have to realize that whatever "lobs" are being throw at you... you are deliberately asking for.

When you made your statement about my business ethic concerning shipping, I immediately stopped shenanigans and asked to correct whatever problem you had. You never answered. The only thing I have to go by is your post in my feedback thread from 09/21/11...

Got a package of some nice yesterday.

Thanks again Michael!

Your refusal to answer whatever was wrong with your order and the positive feedback posted just strengthens the case that you are only acting this way to instigate other members.

Are points in some stupid game really worth alienating yourself from some really good guys here?

Even the Locked Thread boys know its getting out of hand when they post things like this a few weeks back... (many thanks to Slym for capturing this post before it was deleted by it's poster).

If there's a lot of heat from the mods, people getting strikes/warnings, threads getting locked, and now worry about this thread getting locked, then let's not blah blah blah in this thread, just let it sit where it is. Bumping it to the top, constantly, with blah blah blah, will just be keeping this thread fresh in the mind of the mods.

I'm not the ambassador for this thread, or game, I just started it, and no one else has ever updated it, despite my pleas. So, when I bump the score once again, it should be taken as a "please shut up and stop posting in this thread" signal. I did that, and no one here (obviously) knew what I meant.

Yeah, thank God Slym "captured" that post before I "deleted" it. lol

Click on my laughter if you want to see it in all of it's original glory. :wink:

What a hateful thread.

(thumbs u

Casey... you should really listen to what Nick and the others are trying to tell you.

I've pretty much left it alone just to sit back and see what is really going on and one thing is evident, your posts are not being made to help or fuel discussion, but to instigate responses. This is going on in, more or less three threads at a time.

It is PAINFULLY evident that you instigating people on purpose every time you run back to the Locked Thread Points challenge thread to gloat of your accomplishments.

Casey... you have to realize that whatever "lobs" are being throw at you... you are deliberately asking for.

When you made your statement about my business ethic concerning shipping, I immediately stopped shenanigans and asked to correct whatever problem you had. You never answered. The only thing I have to go by is your post in my feedback thread from 09/21/11...

Thanks again Michael!

Your refusal to answer whatever was wrong with your order and the positive feedback posted just strengthens the case that you are only acting this way to instigate other members.

Are points in some stupid game really worth alienating yourself from some really good guys here?

If you want to know why I said what I did about your packaging, go ahead and shoot me a PM. As for the rest... :screwy:

What a hateful thread.

(thumbs u

I don't feel like picking apart all of your lies above, but man...what a bunch of garbage you just spewed.

If you tell a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.

So again, I ask you to please stop your lies and please stop trolling me.

What a hateful thread.

(thumbs u

Thanks again Michael!

lol

The LTPC doesn't lock threads. You totally don't get it which is even better. We go about our business until people with no emotional control, like you, lose their minds and have a meltdown. You are so void of any self awareness that it is unbelievably comical. You are a treasure trove of points.

You dispensing advice is fantastic as well. Casey is ardent and consistent in his dislike of the treatment of most comic movies. I can probably have a rational conversation with him about this but I choose not to as I enjoy doing other things but it is awesome to watch you and Bosco and others tell him what to do and think and then expect him to not react. If I was Casey, I would tell you to go pound sand every time as well.

I do find it awesome that those who enjoy telling people what to do and think have a cow when anyone else attempts to disagree with them.

There are two reasons I am popping in here to make this post. One is that it is getting tiresome listening to people go after Casey because he disagrees with you and two this thread has been circling the drain for a while and will probably be locked. It warms my heart to get points when the inevitable meltdown from emotional misfits happens and they don't realize that that is why threads get locked.

:hi:

I don't feel like picking apart all of your lies above, but man...what a bunch of garbage you just spewed.

If you tell a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.

So again, I ask you to please stop your lies and please stop trolling me.

I think you need to look up the word "trolling" to understand it better. Then you will apply it appropriately. Right now - not so much.

As for lying. I posted an example of you clearly stating someone is hardly if at all a fan if they don't believe in the source material being followed completely. Sorry reality is not enough for you.

Meanwhile, please explain to Bio-Rupp why you thought it was appropriate during a Comics General discussion to attack his packing technique when that wasn't even the topic at hand. It came across as very spiteful, and had no purpose in the discussion.

Sorry, but no lies here, and no trolling. Stop jumping into a conversation and the conversation seems to slow down and go away. Keep jumping in with your "trolling" and lies about "lying" and you keep it going.

(shrug)

You dispensing advice is fantastic as well. Casey is ardent and consistent in his dislike of the treatment of most comic movies. I can probably have a rational conversation with him about this but I choose not to as I enjoy doing other things but it is awesome to watch you and Bosco and others tell him what to do and think and then expect him to not react. If I was Casey, I would tell you to go pound sand every time as well.

Seems like you have no clear clue what has been going on. Logan510 has done a good job of letting people's differing views about comic character movie portrayals get under his skin when someone feels it is okay not to follow the source material 100%.

This has nothing to do about someone not following the same thought process and beliefs. Even worse, when he attempts to hurt someone's sales by throwing out to leave any discussion here, and go learn how to package comics. You really see that as a reasonable discussion approach?

The only thing I have told him to give up is stating I lied about him when I clearly showed his post where he felt I was hardly a fan because I didn't believe the same thing as him. A really silly statement, but to call that a lie and then you stating we are trying to tell him how to think - you missed the point and the situation.

I can only go by my own experiences. No girls I've dated have had any problem with it.

Labeling someone as "emotionally retarded" for a harmless hobby is "emotionally retarded" in itself.

It completely depends on the total package and who's looking at it. I've never dated anyone that my collecting comics or playing video games was a deal-breaker for either, but if I looked nerdier or acted geekier, comics would just be another strike against me to most women who aren't nerdy themselves. But if you're otherwise a similar or greater catch than the girl, it won't matter much or at all. My current girlfriend would rather me not be into comics, games, and sci-fi because she hates all of it, but hey, it's a burden she bears to enjoy the benefits of all my other graces. :angel::juggle:

Yep, agree.

I look kind of mean; more like a drug dealer than a comic dealer. So I think many girls I date are relieved to see that geeky side. lol