• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

This is the legendary "headlights" issue featuring art of Betty that in 1951 was considered scandalous enough that many copies of this issue had the cover torn off.

Never heard that claim before. Is this urban legend, or did it actually happen?

This is the legendary "headlights" issue featuring art of Betty that in 1951 was considered scandalous enough that many copies of this issue had the cover torn off.

Never heard that claim before. Is this urban legend, or did it actually happen?

It really happened.

I think we should add numbers 11, 12 and 13. All had great covers, we all have them to share, and they're so much better than 14, 15 and so on.

14, 15, and 16 are kind of run of the mill as far as the covers go but I've always really liked 17.

You're right, 17 is a solid cover. I suppose 19 is too and I have always liked 20 ... but 14-16 and 18 have never been my favorites. Actually if I am being really honest I don't love the cover of 2 or 9 either.

I expect that many will disagree, but in my opinion (yeah, I still write that out) Archie 8 is the best early Archie cover. 1 is a classic that you have to love (and I do), and I enjoy 3, 4 and 6 (though the multiple jugheads are odd); 7, 11 and 13 are about even in my book, 10 is weird but interesting, and I've always really been drawn to 12 but that's cause it was the first 10c Archie I ever bought.

Oh and I left out 5 ... never really got the whole halloween theme thing.

Edited by GoldenPRGuy