• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Holy Grail is up!!! Hulk 181 CGC 9.8 oww

376 posts in this topic

I'm Simmered... remember that Saturday Night Live skit... "simma' down naw" (with Toby)

lol I love characters that no one can understand! laugh.gif

PM my the quote. I'm unfamiliar

Ah, hell, it's from Empire Records... and since I have yet to show any *real* concern about offending anyone:

[Debra has just shaved her head]

Gina: Well "Sinead O'Rebellion." Shock me shock me shock me with that deviant behavior.

Debra: God, that is so clever. I swear you get smarter the shorter your skirt gets.

Gina: Oh no, Debra, don't be bitter, surely with your ever growing collection of flesh mutilating silver appendages and your brand new neo-nazi boot camp makeover the boys will come a-runnin'!

Or something like that, anyway... Guess you had to be there. confused.gif

wink.gif

Bruce, I actually have three holy grails (is that allowed grin.gif )

Amazing Fantasy #15 NM 9.4

Journey Into Mystery #83 NM 9.4

Strange Tales #110 NM 9.4

Feel free to step on them, if you dare. shocked.gifgrin.giftongue.gif

Bruce, anything is possible with enough cash! If you were a multi-millionaire, that 9.8 would have been yours a long time ago! tongue.gif

We're not talking about an Action 1 here! wink.gif

AF 15 in 9.4... is that even possible?

Its my holy grail, I didn't say I'd ever reach it. grin.gif

BTW, I have sent a bunch of IF's to CGC will let you know the results when i find out. Did you win the IF #14 9.8 you were bidding on recently?

No... I helped a friend get it.

I may take a poke at the other ending tonight ...but I expect it to go $1400-$1500.. which I don't want to for that copy.

I actually had an opp to buy a AF 15 raw 2 years ago. It was a G to VG with a stain and warping... but complete with no pieces out. I could have bought it for $550 - $600 but passed... probably should have grabbed it, but it was so ugly.

has anyone check out the CGC census page lately for Hulk 181?? just saw a copy of CGC 9.9 and one more 9.8 in the census!! if $19K was a benchmark for 9.8, guess how much would the 9.9 be going for??

The 9.9 is not new. It's been there for awhile. Ideal had it. Don't know if they still own it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

has anyone check out the CGC census page lately for Hulk 181?? just saw a copy of CGC 9.9 and one more 9.8 in the census!! if $19K was a benchmark for 9.8, guess how much would the 9.9 be going for??

The 9.9 has been up for a long time actually... it has been the topic of coversation a few times... maybe even somewhere in this thread. I'd imagine its worth $40-$50K to someone.

The 3rd (new one) 9.8 was graded 2+ months ago and is a oww pager with perfect centering and very deep color... its also the Winnipeg Pedigree.

The 9.9 has been up for a long time actually... it has been the topic of coversation a few times... maybe even somewhere in this thread. I'd imagine its worth $40-$50K to someone.

The 3rd (new one) 9.8 was graded 2+ months ago and is a oww pager with perfect centering and very deep color... its also the Winnipeg Pedigree.

Wow another super high grade.I wonder does it make it almost worth 30-40k to someone? I mean with perfect centering and a very deep color and being a pedigree you have to think it is the 2nd best known book to exist for this book.

If I was a billionaire that Hulk 181 CGC 9.9 would be worth a little more than 50k at least 51k. Bruce dont you think the same for yourself also? even If I was a millionaire I know it would be worth just a tiny bit more. 27_laughing.gif

Im not yet! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Incidently Bruce do you know the PQ of the Hulk 181 CGC 9.9?

Thanks

Davidking623

Are you guys out of your minds?

Too many other potential 9.8, 9.9 or even 10.0 copies of this very plentiful book to be even thinking in the $50K range. Posters were saying a few months ago that there would not be anymore high-grade copies coming out when the FIRST 9.8 appeared in the marketplace. Well, guess what!!! makepoint.gif

If you are planning to spend $50K, a much better buy would be a low grade copy of a really key book such as Action Comics #1 or Detective Comics #27.