• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Holy Grail is up!!! Hulk 181 CGC 9.8 oww

376 posts in this topic

I only recently got a subscription myself... it's worth it for the most part. Sometimes its a lot of nothing, but a yearly subscription does not amount to a whole bunch. I don't believe there is an online version, but when you subscribe they do send you breaking news and exclusives via Email.

Hi,

This is Darryl from The Comic Sheet (referred to in Bruce's post.) smile.gif You can subscribe to CBG online. If you go to www.krause.com and click on the comics link it will take you to their site. If you do subscribe to CBG you can then access the current issue online at their website in either html or pdf form. I don't think they keep past issues online, only the current one.

(Full disclosure - I do get paid a little by Krause for my column - not a lot of real folding money but it does buy a few beers and chips grin.gif )

PS: I've been a subscriber off and on since Allen Light (I think I got the spelling right) owned it. Back then (the 70s) the issues would often be 2 or 3 times as thick as they are now - crammed with small ads. We didn't have eBay back then. We typed up ads with a real typewriter ooo.gifooo.gif , sent them in to CBG, and did mail order that way. Now the issues have slimmed down some with fewer ads, but more news content.

This is off topic, but, I love the Intellivision Baseball avatar! Its still my ALL TIME favorite game system and Ive owned them all over the years. I wish I could find the Poker and Blackjack guy (mustache and square head) for an avatar!! smile.gif

It's OK... the whole thread... now the... (Offical Bronze Rambling Topic Thread #1)

wandered off topic (for the most part) about 2/3 the way through. BTW... I did get your PM and will keep and eye out, but I don't come across them much. If I find one I'll come to you first... who knows, could happen. wink.gif

I cant thank you enough.....you seem to be the man that can get any comic so Ill keep in touch! As you know, its going to be tough to find!!! Ill make it worth the effort though.....$$$$$$$$$..... laugh.gif

Karma must be real... or the Comic Gods (no not Thor) had pity on me

After having my Holy Grail #1 dream (9.8 Hulk 181) seemingly forever squashed now that it has both exceeded my means to acquire, and my sensibilities to buy anyway at current value...

I was rewarded with an opportunity to acquire my Holy Grail #2... I'm very happy to have just finalized a deal for the elusive Hulk 180 9.8oww!!! grin.gif Not bad as a conciliation prize.

When I officially have my hands around it... grin.gif

Don't wanna' jinx it... it has to survive a trip to me... I'll post, or better yet send scans to those that are interested... of both 180 & 182 in 9.8 so you all can rip them to shreds. Then off to the Safety Deposit Box to join my 181.

I just sold my 9.6 Hulk 180 today...(twice actually). Sold it to a good friend/customer for $200 less than my back up sale. It was hard not to be greedy and grab the extra loot, but I resisted. This guy deserved it... He was SO thrilled when I emailed him... never saw so many exlcamation points in one email. Nice to make true collectors happy. smirk.gif

Chill! I'll actually make up a list after I go through some of my inventory. This will determine if you should change your name to Marvelbronzebruce13 or not! tongue.gif