• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Holy Grail is up!!! Hulk 181 CGC 9.8 oww

376 posts in this topic

Actually 182 is... for now. Only (1) 9.8 of that one. The census will not show it yet... but there are now (3) 9.8 180's... as mine was fresh in from CGC... same as 181.

Regardless... 180 is fairly difficult to even get in 9.4 for those that have tried submitting them.

OK... JR, JR and Lee... I'll start a new one soon if I must (maybe)... I sorta like this one long conversation that never quite ends grin.gif It feels like a comfortable online bar you can stop in on and chat with the same good folks. See... you guys stopped in for a "beer/chat" when the neon light was lit... Here's a cold one... what do you guys need to get off your chests at the "bronze watering hole" grin.gifgrin.gif

... my last post was supposed to go over "almost" everyone's head... wink.giftongue.gif

Whatta' Pal... what would I do if this post ended shocked.gif

Note: I was probably mistaken... there are likely only (2) 9.8 Hulk 180's.

I located another one recently and understood it to be a new copy recently graded. It was in fact not... it must have been the first 9.8 graded if my information is correct... and its the Winnipeg Pedigree copy. So, there is not a third as I thought earlier... at least not yet.

Actually Bruce, the real question is what are you going to do IF you get the 181 in 9.8? Are you going to get bored and become a hermit? confused.gif

Hell no!!!... there's the 9.9 to work on grin.gif ... IF i ever get lucky and get a 9.8 181 confused.gif

...but what are those chances now?

..and there are still plenty of books I still need.

I have many "mini-grails" too...

MTU 1 9.6/9.8

M2-1 1 9.6/9.8

etc.

etc.

IF i ever get lucky and get a 9.8 181...but what are those chances now?

Don't worry Bruce as soon as another dozen or so 9.8s hit the census in the next few years, the price will drop to a level you can afford. grin.gif

Please hold your breath until then... I would like to see that shade of purple. grin.gif

3 years... I have to believe many of the best preserved copies have been submitted... I don't expect the rate to match the (3) in 3 years we currently have. I'm guessing we may see (1) every 1-2 years... and demand will always be strong enough to absorb them at that rate I'd imagine. If you study the Bid History of the last 9.8 181 auction, you'll see what appears to be a half dozen or more legitimate bidders over the $16K mark.

What's your Holy Grail... so I can step all over it. smirk.gif

BTW...didn't you send in some predicted 9.8 IF's for me? Status?

What's your Holy Grail... so I can step all over it.

Well, don't be bitter BronzeBrenda! Someday your book will come! I mean, it's not like you're searching for a super-high grade Green Lantern 195 or anything. Sheesh. You wanna talk about scarce!?? tongue.gif

jeeez... forget an emoticon and everyone thinks you've gone postal... that was nothing more than a friendly ball-bust grin.gif no dark, evil acidic intent in the message. Don't you guys know me by now?

bronzebrenda? confused.gif a bit lame MK... are you in need of conflict to get your day off right? grin.gif Better go find Bug... I'm not playin' tongue.gif

bronzebrenda? a bit lame MK... are you in need of conflict to get your day off right?

Whoa there, chief... just a random movie quote reference! Simmer down. You want the rest of the line? It's pretty funny, but I figured most of the PC police around here would go into full-hissy mode. wink.gif