• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Case Indentations

295 posts in this topic

As an FYI, all of my on site subs at WW Chicago came back with this issue. 2c

That sucks. I did 15 books onsite and only 1 came back with the defect.

Double check. I just cracked a recent sub that I had originally thought didn't have an indent and found it to just have the defect in a much larger pattern. Instead of the baseball sized indent, this one had an indent that stretched almost to the edges. I've not removed the plastic case, so I'll try to take a picture tomorrow.

10 books arrived home today, all have the indentation but they are a much larger diameter than pictures I've seen so far.

I wonder if that makes it better or worse? hm

Regardless of size, it's still a defect.

10 books arrived home today, all have the indentation but they are a much larger diameter than pictures I've seen so far.

Is CGC really trying to cut costs by using sub-par materials? That can't be the reason this continues....can it?

Is CGC really trying to cut costs by using sub-par materials? That can't be the reason this continues....can it?

My assumption is that they would have to shut down for a while until they got a shipment of barex inner wells that did not have the defect.. It was decided that the cure was worse than the disease and they are going to use them until they are gone.

My assumption is that they would have to shut down for a while until they got a shipment of barex inner wells that did not have the defect.. It was decided that the cure was worse than the disease and they are going to use them until they are gone.

I'm of the opinion that they can stick them in their 4th point of whatever it was.

It was decided that the cure was worse than the disease and they are going to use them until they are gone.

Oh, and I'm glad they decided to give the customer the shaft... yet again. Class all the way around. (thumbs u

That's what I figure as well. Best case scenario is that once they are able to slab without this defect they start allowing people to return the defective slabs.

Seems as if it's worth waiting a few months before sending anything in so there is time for the defective wells to pass through the system.

Q: Why are these cases making it through QC?

A: Because the books themselves are not damaged.

Pretty flippant attitude.

CGC needs to keep in mind that they don't create comics.

They grade them and put them in a plastic shell.

When half of the service you offer is compromised, you need to have a better response to customers than telling them to F O.

It's especially bush league when they admit that they saw the error during the QC phase, and their response to the imperfect shells is to take a coffee break and go swim in their money bin like Scrooge McDuck.

If I ever tried this in my business, a business where we have competition and customers have limitless options, we'd be out of business within the year.

Joey brought one of the inner wells to sushi in Chicago. It was troubling.

I used it to mix my soy sauce and wasabi.

did you press the sushi beforehand? hope it got a better grade :insane:

The Sushi was a 10.0 for sure. Company was even better.