• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hammer slammer! Any landers in the CLink (May auction)?

133 posts in this topic

Hey guys...I posted this question over in general but didnt have any luck with an answer...probably a SUPER-NOOBER but I have bought off the CLINK exchange before but never participated in one of their focused auctions...Is there or not a way to track books on there? like a watch list so to speak because I couldnt find any add book to track button anywhere on my page...I would like to watch a few of their books to see how they do...Any help would be great thanks!!!!

Hey guys...I posted this question over in general but didnt have any luck with an answer...probably a SUPER-NOOBER but I have bought off the CLINK exchange before but never participated in one of their focused auctions...Is there or not a way to track books on there? like a watch list so to speak because I couldnt find any add book to track button anywhere on my page...I would like to watch a few of their books to see how they do...Any help would be great thanks!!!!
only real way to track is to enter a bid and then watch from the "your bids" page

Ahah alright thanks man (thumbs u I greatly appreciate it!!!!!!! I was kind of hoping that this was not the case but without your help I would have probably driven myself insane looking for that darn add to watch list button!!!!!! G.A.tor's the MAN!!!!!

I don't get how Clink selectively chooses certain books to have a back cover picture.. It should be like that for all books of not the highlights.

Not even all of the highlights have back cover scans. The MF #54 is currently at $9600 with no back cover scan.

There should be a way to track without bidding. Major improvement that they should look into.

:hi: Agreed!!!! I wonder what the logic behind this is....just more bidding maybe?!!! I really want to see what that Speed Comics #1 hammers for but will be at work when all of these auctions end...I am not a potential purchaser of this particular book but would like to get an idea for a possible future purchase

There should be a way to track without bidding. Major improvement that they should look into.

there should be a way to check only g.a. items. they do that for the "little" auctions, but not the major ones. i get tired of scrolling thru pages of stuff i have no interest in.

:hi: Agreed!!!! I wonder what the logic behind this is....just more bidding maybe?!!!

Yup, thats the point, also they consider their information on sales prices their data, thats why it is not on GPA. Its easy to track stuff, just place a 1$ bid when the auction opens. ( :gossip: but you got to get there early)

Someone else posted this suggestion a year or two ago and this has become my method of tracking CL auctions. I create a file folder in my bookmarks and bookmark each auction I want to track into that file folder. That way I can jump straight to the auction item of interest.

If I remember to do it early, I will do as others suggested and enter a dollar or two tracking bid and do it that way. But sometimes, if I'm just watching for curiosity sake, I'll use the bookmark system.

At the end of the auction, delete the whole file folder and it's all cleaned up, easy-peasy.

there should be a way to check only g.a. items. they do that for the "little" auctions, but not the major ones. i get tired of scrolling thru pages of stuff i have no interest in.

As long as they keep hitting new revenue targets I guess they have no incentive to spend money on their site.

As long as you guys keep bidding and winning in every auction, they will never change. Stop bidding and winning and they might hit the panic button and actually invest to win your business back

only real way to track is to enter a bid and then watch from the "your bids" page

[font:Times New Roman]What I usually do is bookmark individual lots (comics) I'm interested in and then follow that list. It keeps me on track and focused only on targeted books. CLink's system could certainly be improved, but it's fairly straight-forward and easy enough to follow the bidding process.

I know, ...I know, I'm so old school.[/font] :preach:

This no back cover scans business on the part of both CC and CL just keeps ticking me off more and more. How we let both of them get away with it for so long is almost criminal. Now I see Heritage is slowly adopting that position as well.

I just received a courtesy call from CLink congratulating me on my win last night. I gave him a quick FYI that there was a discussion going on these boards right now about their software and how many would like it to be upgraded for easier tracking. He said that he would relate this to the FO and recommended everyone with concerns to call or email them the changes you want and they will try to address it.

This no back cover scans business on the part of both CC and CL just keeps ticking me off more and more. How we let both of them get away with it for so long is almost criminal. Now I see Heritage is slowly adopting that position as well.

I just told the rep that was a concern of many and he asked me which books I am tracking tonight and he said an email for those back covers will be coming to me in a few hours or less.

As long as they keep hitting new revenue targets I guess they have no incentive to spend money on their site.

As long as you guys keep bidding and winning in every auction, they will never change. Stop bidding and winning and they might hit the panic button and actually invest to win your business back

I agree with Bill. Cut off your nose to spite your face.

I agree with Bill. Cut off your nose to spite your face.

Your face needs spiting!!1!!!1

Hello Pal karma is a beyotch