• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

To be fair to the big galoot, we think he had a rough life before we got him. He was a rescue that the wife found on Facebook, he was being advertised by the local No Kill shelter. He'd been in the shelter for about 5 months before we got him, and before that he'd been adopted and brought back TWICE. He has a big long scar underneath his chin. Who knows what he went through. When we adopted him, the folks at the shelter spoke in hushed tones to each other, "Oh, they're taking BOB home." One of them said we were "heroes" for taking him. Had no idea what I was getting into! At the time we had three other cats, and they told us that in most instances you should keep the new cat closed up for a weekend or so, so the other cats can sniff around the door and get used to them before letting them out. They said with Bob we should give him a month, at least. We gave him a month, and even that wasn't enough. He terrorized the other cats, and destroyed the room he was in.

But now, five years later, he is almost fully reformed, a real doll baby most of the time, and muuuuuuch more mellow than he used to be. We just never gave up on loving the big lummox!

^^:foryou:

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

What a sweet baby! Sorry for your loss, @Get Marwood & I It's never easy.

Some :censored: poisoned him. We all cried when we found him. He had such a personality. The same day he died, a 100% white cat crossed my path down the road. I like to think it was him saying goodbye in spirit form, before heading off to the great Cat Litter Tray in the Sky. You never know, eh...

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Some :censored: poisoned him. We all cried when we found him. He had such a personality. The same day he died, a 100% white cat crossed my path down the road. I like to think it was him saying goodbye in spirit form, before heading off to the great Cat Litter Tray in the Sky. You never know, eh...

Oh my god, that's awful! What on earth is wrong with people?

Glad you were able to get some closure though. I like this kind of thinking myself!

Anyway, this is supposed to be a positive thread to make CG better. So here's an insanely rare price variant and his regular priced cousin :)

1189086993_Blondie175(Dec67)12c-CopyA.thumb.jpg.8e066311ae7b2f18ff0c75847ce3c09a.jpg 376301729_Blondie175(Dec67)15c-CopyA.thumb.jpg.b11ccecf4cd7f24a632dbf77f61357a1.jpg

But which is the PV I wonder....? hm

Oh my god, that's awful! What on earth is wrong with people?

A question I ask myself most days lately it seems

Glad you were able to get some closure though. I like this kind of thinking myself!

Yes. It happens too often to be coincidence. All the people you've lost, all the animals you miss, they are all waiting for you in the next phase. We all meet up again, have a laugh and then have another go somewhere else. 

I guess the 12 cent!

Here's a random filmroll shot of a snack Pineapple and I had last night reading the Death of Superman trade.

79258124_926506644411075_791562275513801

@Get Marwood & I I've started getting British cheese once a week.Pictured is Weselydale I believe?(the non cubed)

Edited by porcupine48

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

I've started getting British cheese once a week.Pictured is Wenselydale I believe?

Cheeeeeese :cloud9:

Image result for wensleydale wallace

19 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

People are just so sick. Very sorry to hear that. 

I saw a guy get his butt kicked hard in a parking lot a while back. For kicking and dragging his dog while screaming at it. Pretty sure he got a broken nose and needed to see a dentist. Couple of guys worked him over good and held him for the Cops then split. I didn’t join in but made sure he didn’t get away. Very sad situation.

Ended on a positive note at least,right?As most folks know,I LOVE my dogs,all animals.I woulda.....

Here's a comic I got as a freebie from @fifties with the EC to liven things up!

75594541_520420928551139_234286086418648

Thanks mister,I love it.

16 hours ago, F For Fake said:
17 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Just cats being cats. They can go from a restive state to full on psycho in about 2 seconds. 

True, but Bob is a little...extra. You're welcome to come sit with him for a while and experience the magic in person!

I had a cat like that once. I swear it's brain wasn't wired correctly.

16 hours ago, Robot Man said:

People are just so sick. Very sorry to hear that. 

I saw a guy get his butt kicked hard in a parking lot a while back. For kicking and dragging his dog while screaming at it. Pretty sure he got a broken nose and needed to see a dentist. Couple of guys worked him over good and held him for the Cops then split. I didn’t join in but made sure he didn’t get away. Very sad situation.

Good people do exist...

On 12/15/2019 at 2:53 PM, porcupine48 said:

I'm a little moody today

Eleven years since I've joined here today.

Ten years my Papa died.

I post this for him every year,this years been pretty tearfull this month,pretty hard to stay positive,broken bones,guns in my face in a break in..but,I persevere.Everyday above ground and alive is a good one,right?

For you Father.

I miss you when I

wake up sweaty and

dry mouthed in the deep

of nightmares

and when I see your ashes

in the velvet verdure bag

standing guard over my room

I miss the secret resentment

we quietly held against each other

that we always talked about

and lied that it was okay

I miss you

when I see something

I smell something

that reminds me of you for

no god damn reason at all

I miss saying i'm mad at my father

and you not answering my calls

thank god we loved each other

and got along

thank you for being my papa

funny to think

that I think of you more often

now that you're gone

Thank you so much for sharing. I lost my father when I was six, so I know how hard it is to cope with loss and grief and trying to understand the emptiness inside. You are a courageous person.

19 hours ago, Robot Man said:

People are just so sick.

They are. I work for an animal charity and some of the stuff the welfare girls see / tell me is pretty grim. 

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

And now my vigilante story begins...

It does make you feel that way sometimes, yes. 

4 hours ago, BaronSamedi said:

Thank you so much for sharing. I lost my father when I was six, so I know how hard it is to cope with loss and grief and trying to understand the emptiness inside. You are a courageous person.

Thank you.It's a wound that never quite heals,right?I was thirty two when he passed very young ,just after he turned fifty.I take comfort in the love of animals and comics he gave me.

I hope the memories you have of yours are clear and dear :foryou:

10 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Thank you.It's a wound that never quite heals,right?I was thirty two when he passed very young ,just after he turned fifty.I take comfort in the love of animals and comics he gave me.

I hope the memories you have of yours are clear and dear :foryou:

I find my strength in meditation. Maybe poetry is a source of strength and inspiration for you.:foryou: